Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Launch Control (not OrBit related)
Well I don't think there's anything OrBit can do to reveal it. Anyway I just read a few articles about the P3 Polestar S60 with the T43 engine. And while trying to figure out if there are similarities in the tunes (because why would polestar go out of their way to reengineer a whole setup when everything is there.) 

I found that "sport mode" in that tune brought on the raised rpm idle etc. When the Polestar tune is purchased, the power output of the T27 (SPA T6) is shocking close to the 367 HP of the T43 (330hp) And the torque is not far off the T43's 345lbsft (325lbsft)

So that got me thinking... Just how close to the official Polestar is the "optimized" tune? And just what's different between the camshafts. Oh shit... I digress..

Anyway... The raised RPM. And other similarities got me thinking... After reading something in an article that says the old polestar actually has launch control but you don't have to do anything to do it. Just two foot launch it I checked it... 

Normally I just launch around 2500... I just checked now after remembering how dynamic the torque converter lock up is, and just flatfooted it.  It went up to 2500 then stayed for a half second then went up to 3000rpm  and the car then started making stuttering noises like launch control. I just recorded it on the JB4 and I'm seeing shifting in timing and the throttle plate moving around and maintaining boost. So, looks like if you flat foot it you do infact activate a launch mode when I'm polestar mode.     
Not sure if my 2022 v60 polestar has launch control.
Got some details from a Facebook person who reached out to Volvo:

Google Translated as:
Quote:The importer tells me the following information via the "cheat code" that you found online.
"Via the described action with the gear lever you will put the transmission in manual mode and downshift.
This means that both the engine and the gearbox are heated up more quickly, which means that you will have maximum power available more quickly.
The use of the Launch Mode available on this car is described in the owner's manual"
In response to your question of how many times this can be used, I also requested this from the technical service and the following answer comes directly from Sweden.
"- Limited to 200 uses over the entire age of the car
• This uses internal counters and cannot be reset.
• Use is limited by temperature. Range of engine & gearbox (not available when cold
and/or very hot drivetrain)
• Also limited by outside temperature. (not below -5°c, not above 35°c)
• Min 65 sec. wait between each launch mode
• Obviously not available when the towbar is in use.
Your questions about the launch mode and/or cheat code have now been answered by the importer. Sorry for the long wait for an answer but we had to receive confirmation from the head office in Sweden.
I thank you for your understanding.
Kind regards

It says there is a counter that can't be reset...but who ever listens to that without trying?  Any thoughts on where its located and if we can mess with it?
200 uses is a lot more generous than some sporty cars. I think that some BMW transmissions limit it to 50 uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone else posted a thought about the limit, if you use it all up, does that inherently decrease the value of the car?  Does the dealer have any way to see that count in VIDA?  When buying a used car, how can you know if it has been launched 200 times or not?