Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating the whole system.
So if I buy VIDA would I be able to do the dealer updates that they have for my IHU and everything else?

I tried the device mirroring function on my car and it got rid of Apple Car Play AND Android Auto. (Even though the one I selected was for all three) 

When I turned back to what it was, the whole interface for Android Auto was different.... I don't know if the version was just different or if it was an older version that isn't updated to what I had before.
(03-20-2023, 11:51 PM)Bi.boosted Wrote: So if I buy VIDA would I be able to do the dealer updates that they have for my IHU and everything else?

I tried the device mirroring function on my car and it got rid of Apple Car Play AND Android Auto. (Even though the one I selected was for all three) 

When I turned back to what it was, the whole interface for Android Auto was different.... I don't know if the version was just different or if it was an older version that isn't updated to what I had before.
You can revert to OEM in OrBit then get vida, then to total upgrade to have latest software for everything.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
(03-20-2023, 11:51 PM)Bi.boosted Wrote: So if I buy VIDA would I be able to do the dealer updates that they have for my IHU and everything else?

Android Auto update doesn't have anything to do with IHU update. Its a side server update on your phone and yes, almost everyone got it last month. Looks better but still sucks because its not full screen
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
How about the device mirroring, is it full screen? Can you control the phone using the car screen?
I dont like Android/Apple car system. So maybe i can use mirroring  Big Grin
2018 XC60 T6 R Design Polestar optimised
(Inscription seats & Rims)
(03-22-2023, 03:00 PM)Altawashm Wrote: How about the device mirroring, is it full screen? Can you control the phone using the car screen?
I dont like Android/Apple car system. So maybe i can use mirroring  Big Grin

I wasn't able to get my device to mirror at all. And when i noticed my ACP and Android Auto were missing I panicked mildly and quickly switched it back, lol