Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Speed Limit Removal
Soooo interesting turn of events. I did finally test out the removed speed limit and a subtle turn of events is that the way the car used to fall on its face around 100 mph it doesn't anymore. I have some performance upgrades and run an E50 blend (the car automatically calibrates for ethanol fuel blends up to around E40 without any angry side effects. 

Over that, with boost around the old S60 polestar (the driveE one) the car runs out of fuelling and coughs on shifts at anything over 3/4 throttle. 

Anyway. I digress... 

The car no longer falls on its face past 100. With my mods I'm around as quick as the scatpack chargers and challengers at that speed and it keeps pulling. Got out of it at 142 mph and it was still climbing quickly. Don't really want to go faster than that until I get it to the shifts3ctor half mile event. 

So in summation, all the hacks work lol.
Did you set no speed limit or an actual number? I flashed mine with no speed limit, but it still stops at 112. Polestar v60

Edit: I made sure the car was in active mode and set it to 190 and reflashed. Will test later
Edit2: looks like it worked. Not sure if it was active mode that did it. (I thought the new orbit put the car in active) or if it was using an actual value. But was able to get to 115.
Hmmm interesting... Mine is set to 01 no speed limit. So drag limited. 

Everything else worked so I was going to assume it worked as well. But testing it, it was fine. Now to be fair I only checked it in Comfort Mode.  Did not check in eco or polestar.

ETA... I see you mean active when you were writing. I have a T6 so putting my car into active is something I got used to on the older versions of Orbit. Sorry. I was being dumb here.
I was talking with andrew. I mentioned I set to 'No Speed Limit' But mentioned that hasnt been tested on my car. So I set it to 190 and that worked. Very happy with that.
(03-14-2023, 01:19 AM)raidewr600 Wrote: I was talking with andrew. I mentioned I set to 'No Speed Limit' But mentioned that hasnt been tested on my car. So I set it to 190 and that worked. Very happy with that.

190 mph equals 304 km/h. Are our cars really capable of reaching that? I don't think so. I think 170 mph will be the max.
(03-14-2023, 12:36 PM)Sodertalje Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 01:19 AM)raidewr600 Wrote: I was talking with andrew. I mentioned I set to 'No Speed Limit' But mentioned that hasnt been tested on my car. So I set it to 190 and that worked. Very happy with that.

190 mph equals 304 km/h. Are our cars really capable of reaching that? I don't think so. I think 170 mph will be the max.

I am gonna test it this weekens if the weather gets better. My maxed before removal was 220 (normally it should've been 180) from the factory. After removal got 1 day of dry road but it was a little traffic so max was 250 but it had more to go
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(03-14-2023, 12:36 PM)Sodertalje Wrote:

Oh no way am i expecting to even try and go that fast. To me its just a number that is above 190 and I have no real limit. I'd wager ill never make it over 130mph around here.
(03-14-2023, 06:21 PM)marinalin85 Wrote: I am gonna test it this weekens if the weather gets better. My maxed before removal was 220 (normally it should've been 180) from the factory. After removal got 1 day of dry road but it was a little traffic so max was 250 but it had more to go

Curious to see how fast a D4 can go in Germany. Your car is from 2019 so it should not have a 180 kmh limit. It may be limited to 220 from factory.
If I remember my 2018 was set at 210, Canadian model

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I *think* maybe there was a change when the limit was changed down to the corporate standard 112mph/180kmh for all cars worldwide Volvo, was that 2021 I think? Something where setting the limit to "no limit" doesn't work, but setting a specific speed via config does work. That's what radier600's testing found anyways. Previous to that, I had heard some talk of people using VDash say that there was a problem removing the limit with the newer cars with the 112 mph limit, but had not heard anything more than that.

My car is 2019 S60 T6 with 130mph limit, I've changed it up to 190mph or no limit (I use this one to change back and forth to test releases) but I've never actually had the car over 130, even on the race tracks around here!