Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OrBit Beta v0.3.5 release notes
v0.3.5 has been released to update the ECUs that may no respond during programming and can be safely ignored

Updates
  • GSM module added to list of ECUs that don't respond to all programming checks
  • The additional module added will prevent annoyance of "All ECUs not ready" when flashing/programming.

Changes:
  • List of ECUs known not to respond to all programming checks moved to AppSettings config
  • GSM added to the list
Oooooh this is an interesting update! So GSM is one that has no real bearing on what we're doing?
It's a sort of learning process. Much I've been through long ago when I started writing the software. When I first started programming the car, neither OrBit or the engineering tools I used checked any of the "status" of any ECUs. Just blast through programming. And that works fine mostly.

As I developed the software more, I started to mimic what VIDA does...check each ECU is responding, check the status of "ready to program" routine, the things that make programming "safe" and less likely to need you to go back and clear codes, reset ECUs etc. When you do all the "checks", you learn that some ECUs don't respond to some commands. The very low end simple ECUs like the sunroof switch cluster for example the "OHC" which is an ECU, it will respond to reading DTCs and such, but it doesn't respond to the "ready for programming" routine status. Some ECUs need to be ignored for that check.

The GSM module is just one that popped up recently as one that doesn't appear to respond that caused a failure for one user. The update is just adding it to the list of ECUs that won't cause OrBit to "fail" programming if it's not responding. Not sure why I would not have found that before, we got a good size user base now, but we still do find new things. The GSM might not be a common ECU, it's a "gear selector module" but the PHEV/EV cars shifter is the "EGSM" and ICE cars don't have a module at all so I am not sure where that is/was used.
(03-11-2023, 05:13 PM)Power6 Wrote: It's a sort of learning process. Much I've been through long ago when I started writing the software. When I first started programming the car, neither OrBit or the engineering tools I used checked any of the "status" of any ECUs. Just blast through programming. And that works fine mostly.

As I developed the software more, I started to mimic what VIDA does...check each ECU is responding, check the status of "ready to program" routine, the things that make programming "safe" and less likely to need you to go back and clear codes, reset ECUs etc. When you do all the "checks", you learn that some ECUs don't respond to some commands. The very low end simple ECUs like the sunroof switch cluster for example the "OHC" which is an ECU, it will respond to reading DTCs and such, but it doesn't respond to the "ready for programming" routine status. Some ECUs need to be ignored for that check.

The GSM module is just one that popped up recently as one that doesn't appear to respond that caused a failure for one user. The update is just adding it to the list of ECUs that won't cause OrBit to "fail" programming if it's not responding. Not sure why I would not have found that before, we got a good size user base now, but we still do find new things. The GSM might not be a common ECU, it's a "gear selector module" but the PHEV/EV cars shifter is the "EGSM" and ICE cars don't have a module at all so I am not sure where that is/was used.

You're amazing! Thanks for your tireless enthusiasm and transparency! Heart
Where can we tell what version we are running? I'm sure im on the newest version, but others may not know.
To see what current version, it's shown in the add/remove programs dialog in Windows, what version is installed.

I know I could make that easier, show the version in the app. But my thinking is, knowing the version then requires you to also know what the latest version is, that's a manual process, why have the user manage that when we can handle that for them.

So the answer is...if you don't get a pop-up "update available" when you start OrBit, then you are running the latest available version, it's that easy ;-)
please how can i get cem pin to start making configurations change ??
(03-16-2023, 02:10 PM)V-AUTO CO. Wrote: please how can i get cem pin to start making configurations change ??

Read the site, all informations you will find here https://spaycetech.com

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
(03-16-2023, 02:25 PM)Duffy Wrote:
(03-16-2023, 02:10 PM)V-AUTO CO. Wrote: please how can i get cem pin to start making configurations change ??

Read the site, all informations you will find here https://spaycetech.com

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

yes i read it but it isnt useful for me for one thing i paid for pin retrieval  because i dont have now online vida subscription and i dont know how to start that ?
Sent an email off to info@spaycetech.com  They will need your VIN and you should have your PIN within 24 hours.