Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XC90 17 Seat retrofit Momentum > Inscription
Hi All,

I have read almost all thread of seat retrofit, but unfurtunatly I ran into the wall. Short background:

I wanted to swap on 17 XC90 US version car with Momentum seats (Front Driver/Passenger heated) to Inscription (Heated + Ventilation + Side support + Massage). 

Front seats:
What I did:
1. Wired positive wire from fuse box (#40) to each seat connector 15PIN.
2. Switched wire between seats on PSMD and PSMP wired 21PIN ground (Inscription seats were taken from right hand car);
3 Made configuration on Orbit:

179 Front seat ventilation > Enabled driver and passenger
180 Heated front seats > Enabled (It was already set up)
239 Massage front seat > Enabled
240 Lumbar support > 4 ways
241 Cushion Extension > Enabled Driver and passenger 
243 Power Adjustable side support > Enabled driver and passenger
462 Heating Mat variants > Enabled cushion and backrest
244 Remote passenger seat control > Enabled

Additionally: 
127 Seat Track sensor > Disabled. (Momentum seats (left/Right) had sensors; Inscription - no sensors on seats).

4. After programing made ECU reset. Closed and locked car for 5-10 minutes.

After doing this, I ran DTC and here I had faults:

PSMD:
U2300 - Central configuration - System programming failures - Invalid/ incompatible configuration;
SRS:
B00115 - Driver seat track position restraints sensor - general electrical failures - circuit opened.
B00125 - Passenger seat track position restraints sensor - general electrical failures - circuit opened.

Additionally, then I am moving seats via buttons on IHU I see different view between Driver and Passenger seat of possible functions (Added photo). Driver seats looks good, 4 features can be done (massage, Lumbar, side support,  Cushion Extension). But on Passenger seat IHU shows only 3 options (Massage function, Lumbar support, Side support), missing Cushion extension option. However, if I go with button on seat down (thinking its same way control as driver seat), I can move on passenger seat cushion extension, but on IHU nothing is showing. 

My concerns: 
1. How to Deactivate driver/Passenger seat track sensors?
2. What configurations are made incorrect, that PSMD shows configuration fault?
3. What configurations should be made, that IHU will be showed cushion extension feature on passenger seat?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-10-2024, 07:51 AM)JERMB Wrote: Hi All,

I have read almost all thread of seat retrofit, but unfurtunatly I ran into the wall. Short background:

I wanted to swap on 17 XC90 US version car with Momentum seats (Front Driver/Passenger heated) to Inscription (Heated + Ventilation + Side support + Massage). 

Front seats:
What I did:
1. Wired positive wire from fuse box (#40) to each seat connector 15PIN.
2. Switched wire between seats on PSMD and PSMP wired 21PIN ground (Inscription seats were taken from right hand car);
3 Made configuration on Orbit:

179 Front seat ventilation > Enabled driver and passenger
180 Heated front seats > Enabled (It was already set up)
239 Massage front seat > Enabled
240 Lumbar support > 4 ways
241 Cushion Extension > Enabled Driver and passenger 
243 Power Adjustable side support > Enabled driver and passenger
462 Heating Mat variants > Enabled cushion and backrest
244 Remote passenger seat control > Enabled

Additionally: 
127 Seat Track sensor > Disabled. (Momentum seats (left/Right) had sensors; Inscription - no sensors on seats).

4. After programing made ECU reset. Closed and locked car for 5-10 minutes.

After doing this, I ran DTC and here I had faults:

PSMD:
U2300 - Central configuration - System programming failures - Invalid/ incompatible configuration;
SRS:
B00115 - Driver seat track position restraints sensor - general electrical failures - circuit opened.
B00125 - Passenger seat track position restraints sensor - general electrical failures - circuit opened.

Additionally, then I am moving seats via buttons on IHU I see different view between Driver and Passenger seat of possible functions (Added photo). Driver seats looks good, 4 features can be done (massage, Lumbar, side support,  Cushion Extension). But on Passenger seat IHU shows only 3 options (Massage function, Lumbar support, Side support), missing Cushion extension option. However, if I go with button on seat down (thinking its same way control as driver seat), I can move on passenger seat cushion extension, but on IHU nothing is showing. 

My concerns: 
1. How to Deactivate driver/Passenger seat track sensors?
2. What configurations are made incorrect, that PSMD shows configuration fault?
3. What configurations should be made, that IHU will be showed cushion extension feature on passenger seat?
Could it be pin 31 on the driver seat, and 28 on passenger seat? Maybe they are missing from the car side? In my seats/car these pins are not connected/missing. If You take a look on the wiring diagram, pin A2 on the power seat modules should be connected if You have massage&side supports...
--
XC90 D5 R-Design
You cannot deactivate the seat track sensors because they are part of the SRS system and your current SRS software needs them to operate. 
So, take out the sensors from your old seats and put them on the new seats. 

You mentioned that you took seats from right hand drive car and put them in left hand car. 
I think the problem might be with  244 Remote passenger seat control. for the  
PSMD:

Disable it and test again. 
Second, 
As far as I know, that seat menu only shows up after enabling the massage seats. 
Disable the massage seat and cushion extension on the passenger seat. 
Then only enable the cushion extension on the passenger seat and test. After that enable the massage seats. 
And that is why I'm transferring my seat track sensors to the new seats. 
Also I have a OWS that needs to be transferred too.
(10-10-2024, 08:00 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: You cannot deactivate the seat track sensors because they are part of the SRS system and your current SRS software needs them to operate. 
So, take out the sensors from your old seats and put them on the new seats. 

You mentioned that you took seats from right hand drive car and put them in left hand car. 
I think the problem might be with  244 Remote passenger seat control. for the  
PSMD:

Disable it and test again. 
Second, 
As far as I know, that seat menu only shows up after enabling the massage seats. 
Disable the massage seat and cushion extension on the passenger seat. 
Then only enable the cushion extension on the passenger seat and test. After that enable the massage seats. 

This post is near truth. Updates:

First question with sensors - Solved. Moved sensors from Momentum seats to Inscription.
Second question - PSMD - fault gone. What I did: Disabled 244 feature. 
Third question. No Luck. Tried according your written process, but in end result same as it was.