Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery Chargers
(02-06-2023, 07:27 PM)FlyingPilot2012 Wrote: I have a Schumacher SC1281 battery charger/jumper. It says it can provide 2A, 6A or 12A continuously and 30A or 100A intermittently. I'm definitely not worried about the power needed to run Orbit. 

However, I have yet to get my pin and I was planning to use VIDA/Wireshark to acquire my PIN. I figure I will also run a Total Upgrade, which I heard from another user that it takes about 45 minutes. 

Any thoughts on if my charger is sufficient? I did apply an amp meter to the positive cable while plugged in and with everything was on (accessory mode). I think the highest draw I saw from the car was 9 amps. 

2018 XC60 T5 R-Design
Total Upgrade can vary. I check 6-7 cars when I had my VIDA sub and mine was 732kb (like 30.sexonds) where the largest one was 125mb...
In VIDA without plugging in you know easily how big the Tu will be.

And I ran OrBit/VIDA quite a lot with a weak battery (under 60% and only a 2Amp trickle charger). The % went down but not much. I would not worry if your TU is small but I would not have done a 125MB uograde with my trickle charger and under 60%
On my side, i bought a 20Amps charger but never used it so far. Whether it's to get the PIN with Vida or run Orbit I have never lost more than 10% battery per session...
XC60 B4 2022 Momentum pro - Pilot assist and Polestar mode with Orbit
(02-06-2023, 11:16 PM)BeachBoy Wrote: Total Upgrade can vary. I check 6-7 cars when I had my VIDA sub and mine was 732kb (like 30.sexonds) where the largest one was 125mb...
In VIDA without plugging in you know easily how big the Tu will be.

And I ran OrBit/VIDA quite a lot with a weak battery (under 60% and only a 2Amp trickle charger). The % went down but not much. I would not worry if your TU is small but I would not have done a 125MB uograde with my trickle charger and under 60%

Good point about varying times for the Total Upgrade. I guess when I finally get time to setup and connect VIDA I'll have a better idea of how long it will take based off the file size. I feel confident that my charger will suffice but the last thing I want is a bricked car after trying to run a Total Upgrade  Big Grin .
Watch out for battery if you do Total Upgrade yah... I did another swedespeed member TU, hadn't been done in a couple yars. The install was just under an hour, you def need a good Power supply for that. My 20amp did just fine though, bettery charge went up not down over the hour install.
I looked at power supplies for 13.8V and found this option:

30A $70
Pyle Universal Compact Bench Power Supply - 30 Amp Regulated Home Lab Benchtop AC-to-DC Converter w/ 13.8 Volt DC 115/230V AC Switchable, Screw Type Terminals, Cooling Fan - Pyle PSV300 https://a.co/d/efjjM0X

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
If you're curious, The official Volvo charger since last year at dealers is the Deutronic DBL1200-14
Part 9815256
$1.7k

90 Amps!

https://www.volvospecialtools.com/vtiSha...-02-28.pdf

Quote:[Volvo has introduced a new battery maintainer into the Special Tools program that will better support
VIDA software downloads. Statistically we see over 50% of the downloads being performed with too low
a battery voltage. This is a major contributor to download failures, especially when using VIDA Wi-Fi.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Can we charge the 12v battery/ tender/ conditioner if we have a t8 plug in? Or does the plug in also charge the 12v? If not can you charge the hybrid battery at the same time you charge the 12v?
any recomendatio to connect a battery charger in a 2020 v90?
There is + and - connection point under the bonnet, location depends on model. Exact instructions are in the manual.
https://www.amazon.es/dp/B083HVW6ZN 

this can be suficient, i have it but no use yet...