Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do I need to buy? OrBit pre-purchase information
If you want to purchase OrBit and change config (aka coding) on your Volvo or Polestar you have a few options. This is a quick guide for those who want to know what to buy, without too much of the technical details contained in other FAQ/DIY.

You need 2 things to be able to change config in the car:

1.) Software to change config: That's OrBit if you are reading this guide.
2.) Access to change config: You need PIN(s), like a secret password to access part of the car. On older cars (Sensus infotainment) you need the CEM PIN. On the newer Android (AAOS) infotainment cars, you need the CEM, plus the VGM PIN. (See further Q&A below if you are not sure)

If you already are familiar, and you have the PIN(s) you need, you can buy an OrBit 1yr subscription ($100), enter your PIN(s) and you are all set. This is the first option on the plans page. (Visit the plans page on the website to see the options to purchase OrBit)

If you don't already have the PINs for your car, you need to get them. There are a couple ways to get PINs:

1.) The "easy button" way: Buy OrBit with optional PIN Retrieval Service. These are the second and third options on the plans page, OrBit 1yr w/PIN for Sensus for Sensus cars, and OrBit 1yr w/PINs for Android for Android cars. Buying with the PIN(s) will be everything you need to change config on the car. (If you are not sure if you have Sensus or Android system, see below Q&A)

2.) The DIY way: If you have access to the factory VIDA diagnostic tool, and can order software for the car, you can get the PIN(s) on your own. There is a DIY process to guide you, using VIDA together with OrBit, to crack the PIN(s) you need.  Getting access to VIDA, is not always possible. It is only available to car owners in North America (US and Canada) and difficult to access otherwise. If you do have access to use VIDA, it will cost you about $100 to DIY with a 3 day subscription. If you get the PINs DIY, then you can buy OrBit 1yr subscription and have everything you need.

Q&A:

If I buy with the PIN(s), how do I get my PIN(s), is there anything I need to do with the car? No you don't need to do anything, after purchase we will request the VIN of the car. We will send you the PIN(s)

How long does it take to get the PIN(s)? It takes about 24 hours, once you have provided your VIN. Most cases it's sooner, but we commit to within a day.

Do I have to pay more each year for the option with PIN(s)? No the "w/PIN(s)" option is a one time option at purchase, along with the OrBit subscription ($100/yr). You only need to get the PIN(s) once, they do not change for the life of the car. 

Can I change config on another car with OrBit? Yes you can. It needs to be licensed, the OrBit subscription includes one car to be able to write config. You can add additional car by VIN to allow writing config. Adding a VIN is $50/ea, one time only. You can add as many additional cars by VIN as you like. The only recurring cost is the $100 OrBit subscription, which covers updates, support, etc. As long as you maintain that subscription, you maintain all additional VINs added to your license.

Can I use the PINs with additonal cars? No, the PINs are unique per car, for each car you write config to, you need the PINs for that car.

How can I add a VIN to my OrBit license? Send and email to orders-<at>-spaycetech.com with what you need, and we will take care of it and send a payment request specifically for what you need. You can add VINs and also get the PIN(s) retrieved.

What happens if/when my license exprires? You will not be able to write config to the car if your subscription is not renewed and your license expires. You CAN however, "Restore to OEM" (put the car back to original config) with an expired license.

What can I do on a car that is not licensed in OrBit? You can connect to any car with OrBit. If it is not licensed, you can read and clear codes (DTCs). You can also enable and disable service mode for the Electronic Parking Brake (EPB), reset the Maintenace interval, and reset the engine oil level.

What else do I need to use OrBit? You will need a Windows 10/11 PC (Windows ARM devices currently not supported), preferrably a laptop, with an ethernet(wired network) port, and an adapter to connect to the car. If your laptop does not have a network port, a USB network adapter can be used. The adapter should be a "Volvo VOE" adapter. Most folks use one of the many "clones" on the market, there are too many to reccomend a specific one, however they are inexpensive, simple, and generally reliable. Look for compatibility with Volvo VOE, and also any BMW ENET or compatible wired adapter should work as well. The laptop will need Internet access to download OrBit and to be able to start and log in to OrBit application.

Is my car Sensus or Android? Most may be already familiar with which infotainment system they have. If you are new to Volvo/Polestar, it may not be obvious. Here is the list of models and years for each system:

Sensus:
2016-2022 XC90
2017-2021 S90, V90, V90CC
2018-2021 XC60
2019-2022 S60, V60, V60CC
2019-2022 XC40 (ICE/PHEV models)
2019-2022 Polestar 1

Android(AAOS):
2023-up  XC90, S60, V60, V60CC
2022-up  XC60, S90, V90, V90CC
2021-up XC40, C40 (only EV models)
2023-up XC40 (ICE/PHEV models)
All Polestar 2
Здравствуйте! Hello!
I chose on your site the product – OrBit Software 1yr with license for flashing 1 VIN, WITH CEM PIN retreival for 1 VIN: $225. Yesterday I tried to pay by PayPal. I have paid the amount 125$ successfully. Another part 100$ wasn’t paid. I have got a message from PayPal that this amount will be paid on August 14. When will you sent me PIN and codes for the programme?
(08-10-2024, 04:34 PM)alex max Wrote: Здравствуйте! Hello!
I chose on your site the product – OrBit Software 1yr with license for flashing 1 VIN, WITH CEM PIN retreival for 1 VIN: $225. Yesterday I tried to pay by PayPal. I have paid the amount 125$ successfully. Another part 100$ wasn’t paid. I have got a message from PayPal that this amount will be paid on August 14. When will you sent me PIN and codes for the programme?

Please email orders(at)spaycetech.com. 
I have emailed the info@ and orders@ emails and got not response, yet. More than a week passed.

Can someone please confirm if the person behind these emails is on a vacation?

Is there any expectation about how many days it should take to clear out the email queue?
(09-06-2024, 06:57 PM)therandomguy35123 Wrote: I have emailed the info@ and orders@ emails and got not response, yet. More than a week passed.

Can someone please confirm if the person behind these emails is on a vacation?

Is there any expectation about how many days it should take to clear out the email queue?

Shoot me a PM here.