Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Problem with upgrading the seat, please help
Original car 2021 XC60 B5 R design.

The original car driver's seat and passenger seat have seat memory and heating.

The original car has 180/240/242/244 functions.

The new seats have been replaced with ventilation, heating and massage functions.

Use Orbit to activate

The following problems

1. The main driver has no memory function

2. The co-pilot memory controls both the main driver and co-pilot chairs

3. The main driver’s massage function controls both the main driver and co-pilot seats

4. The original screen 244 function is invalid

For chair upgrades, in addition to using Orbit to activate the function, do I need to use ECU tools to make any settings?

This is a translated article. I hope you understand what I mean.
(07-26-2024, 12:13 PM)Vladexorcist Wrote: Original car 2021 XC60 B5 R design.

The original car driver's seat and passenger seat have seat memory and heating.

The original car has 180/240/242/244 functions.

The new seats have been replaced with ventilation, heating and massage functions.

Use Orbit to activate

The following problems

1. The main driver has no memory function

2. The co-pilot memory controls both the main driver and co-pilot chairs

3. The main driver’s massage function controls both the main driver and co-pilot seats

4. The original screen 244 function is invalid

For chair upgrades, in addition to using Orbit to activate the function, do I need to use ECU tools to make any settings?

This is a translated article. I hope you understand what I mean.

Something does not end up right. 
Massage seats also have side supports which needs wiring for positive line on PIN 15. both seats share the same power. The same power is used for massage functions. 
If you revert the settings to OEM, do the functions return to normal? 
If they are not, disconnect 1 side at a time and check the functions of the connected seat. One of the seats might be shorting. 

Enable 243 > 02
240 > should be 02 . (4 way).
The problems you describe. Similar to seat taken from RHD(england) car. Check seat module if they see good position (driver seat driver position - passenger seat, passenger position).
Later, the seller found a solution. Maybe the two chairs are passenger seats and can be assembled to be used by the driver and passenger.  The cause is pin21. Pin21 should only be available on the passenger seat, but my driver’s seat also has pin21, which caused the module to be confused.

Thank you for your help
(08-02-2024, 09:02 AM)Vladexorcist Wrote: Later, the seller found a solution. Maybe the two chairs are passenger seats and can be assembled to be used by the driver and passenger.  The cause is pin21. Pin21 should only be available on the passenger seat, but my driver’s seat also has pin21, which caused the module to be confused.

Thank you for your help

It is not possible to fit the passenger seat to driver side!  (seat belt and the controller button are on the opposite sides) 
Second, according to wiring diagrams, there is no PIN21 on either side.  The passenger side has 4/240 OCCUPANT WEIGHT SENSOR OWS which is connected to 94/506:31 (LIN) and 94/506:17 (IGN_KL15) .  The driver side seat does not have this module!  The connector  (94/506) is the big black connector under the seat that is connected to the car's harness. :31 and :17 are the PIN numbers on that connector. 

So, most likely as mentioned before, someone install a PSMP (passenger side seat control module) to the driver seat.
Or, if your seats came from right hand drive car, you might be able to switch the controllers. It's easy to find out.
Disconnect the passenger side seat's connector.
Connect the Orbit and try to get ECU parts numbers from the PSMD (driver side module) under ECU tools. If it does not respond to PSMD, then try with PSMP. Then you know.