Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
049 Performance Mode
Does anyone know what this means?
It's turned off in my 2016 XC90 D5, and I would like to know what it means.

Marcus
We believe it's for the air suspension i.e it stiffens it. Don't believe this to be in all scenario, rather when Dynamic or Polestar Drive Modes are enabled.
(02-25-2023, 07:15 PM)x119 Wrote: We believe it's for the air suspension i.e it stiffens it. Don't believe this to be in all scenario, rather when Dynamic or Polestar Drive Modes are enabled.

Ah, OK.
I have nor air suspension and even no Drive Mode switch (maybe you only have with air suspension?).
I ordered a drive mode switch now and I am wondering what changes I need to do to enable Dynamic Mode/Polestar.
Now I only can choose between Eco, Normal and Hill Climb Mode via Sensus Touchscreen.
I am not sure what drives the drive modes available. I *think* that one of the folks that added the drive mode switch, got a "Dynamic" drive mode once the config was done to enable the physical switch. But my memory might be off on that.

Otherwise it's something driven by the model of car if it's not a specific config item, e.g. my S60 doesn't have a hill climb mode, does have Eco, Comfort, and Polestar Engineered (it has the Polestar software). 

At any rate, you should be able to add the "Individual mode" to the list with Sensus, you can customize everything to the "sporty" settings in there, to make your own sort of "dynamic" mode.
On a My22 Aaos model changing performance to Polestar Engineering enables the access to this mode on the main screen. On a 2WD you get Comfort, offroad and Polestar whereas only Off-road and comfort was available. Acceleration is miles away better with the Poelstar than the comfort to overtake or accelerate from 0.
XC60 B4 2022 Momentum pro - Pilot assist and Polestar mode with Orbit
(02-28-2023, 09:57 AM)krounchou Wrote: On a My22 Aaos model changing performance to Polestar Engineering enables the access to this mode on the main screen. On a 2WD you get Comfort, offroad and Polestar whereas only Off-road and comfort was available. Acceleration is miles away better with the Poelstar than the comfort to overtake or accelerate from 0.

Don't confuse acceleration with throttle response. As we understand when you enable Polestar with Orbit you are only changing the gearbox / throttle mapping - you'll notice idle is now higher also. You do not have the engine map installed!

Perception is everything!
Thanks the the explanation. It’s more like a sport mode gearbox then. Enough for me as the « mapping » of polestar mode on a B4 does not add any HP, so I actually wonder what it adds on top of throttle response when you get the full polestar mode …
XC60 B4 2022 Momentum pro - Pilot assist and Polestar mode with Orbit
So polestar setting with Orbit is not the same as the one from Volvo dealership?
XC90 D4, FWD
(05-12-2023, 02:31 PM)muntes Wrote: So polestar setting with Orbit is not the same as the one from Volvo dealership?
Nope

For example on a T6 It does the transmission modifications but not the full polestar where you have extra boost.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I have air suspension on my 2023 xc60 t8 recharge, and I just enabled this setting. I will report back on whether I feel anything different suspension or engine wise.