Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polestar 2 - Curve Speed Assist
I enabled Curve Speed Assist in OrBit and had a chance to test it out. It was kinda weird as a driver to have the car determine the speed appropriate for the curve, but was pretty cool to experience it. I set the PA to 60MPH and the car was brought down to 49MPH and then gradually accelerated through the curve, ending at around 55MPH at the exit. There was a curve assist icon that popped up when it was active. While the "Curve Assist" option was shown in the center screen under Car>Assist, it never showed up as being activated, even though the icon was present in the driver's display and the car was automatically changing the speed down. Photos taken by front passenger.

Also posted on Polestar Forums.

https://www.polestar-forum.com/threads/o...ist.14216/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey cool! There seem to be many cars where this just doesn't work when enabled. Like my 2022 S60. I have a "button" added to turn it on or off, but it never does slow down on the corners ;-)
@Power6, to be clear, the center screen shows Curve Speed Assist as an option under the Car>Assist screen, but shows that option as "Unavailable". However, it does activate the CSA, as my screenshots and speed show. Was impressed with how it works and will leave it ON as an added safety feature. Sad that Volvo/Polestar decided that the cars should not have this as an option right out of the gate. Well, that's what OrBit is for :-)
As far as I know, the curve speed assist uses the navigation maps for detecting the sharp curves. However, not all the mapped roads / highways in sensus and google navigation maps have this detail to support the functionality or there might be an additional setting in the navigation / maps for this to work just like automatic speed limiter based on posted speed.
(05-20-2024, 10:04 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: As far as I know, the curve speed assist uses the navigation maps for detecting the sharp curves. However, not all the mapped roads / highways in sensus and google navigation maps have this detail to support the functionality or there might be an additional setting in the navigation / maps for this to work just like automatic speed limiter based on posted speed.

@IMAY2023, don't have any knowledge on "how" CSA works, but am glad that it's working on my P*2. Always willing to know more, so if you can point to any other source on how this thing actually works it's magic, appreciate it,