Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OrBit Beta v0.3.1 release notes
The first official OrBit update is out. The latest version of OrBit will now always be downloaded from:  https://spaycetech.azurewebsites.net/orb...e/download

New features:

"DID" Reading - Read data from ECUs with dropdown menu of hundreds of ECU data fields, on ECU Tools tab

Usage Mode Control - OrBit now switches to Active mode when needed, you do not need to manually set the car in "Active" mode when connecting OrBit

PH/EV contactor control - OrBit automatically opens high voltage battery contactors when programming on  PHEV and EV models (* except pre-2020 T8 models, coming soon)

Automatic ABS Clear Config - When changing known config items that need "ABS Clear Config" run, OrBit automatically runs it in post-programming step

Update Notifications - OrBit will now notify you when starting the application that an updated version is available and prompt to download the installer.

Fixes and Improvements:
ECU Reset improved (asynchronous command), reconnect to car when VCM/TCAM gateway is reset
Write Config change confirmation now scrollable report window (won't go off screen)
Faster ECU checks, reduced flashing/config programming time
Added additional ECU info to databases
ECU addresses replaced with names displayed in most cases for easier self troubleshooting (misbehaving ECUs)
More frequent log upload for better support
General improvements to programming process reliability
CARCFG(Variant codes) backup saved when config write
General Improvements to smooth connecting a "new" car, creating profile and set PIN(s)

Bug fix: "license not found" when capital letters in registered account email address
Bug fix: flashing fail when Config Logic has been backed up from the car
Bug fix: ABS Clear Config "fail" on cars with BCM2
Bug fix: flashing fail due to engine status check on some models
Bug fix: flashing fail due to PXML or PXMR ECU not responding
Bug fix: Load/Save settings disabled when car not connected (unreliable when disconnected)

Known Issues:
DID reading "results" interpretation may be incorrect. Most data fields are working, but not all "data types" are implemented correctly yet (ex: reading "part number" information from ECUs) work is ongoing to for future updates to get to 100%.

Pre-2020 T8 will fail to flash if HV Battery contactors are not in "open" state. I am working on discovering the contactor control process for these models, to add to next update
Excited to try the new update! It's been so rewarding having this tool.
Do we need to uninstall the old version before installing the new one?
(02-25-2023, 10:42 PM)FlyingPilot2012 Wrote: Do we need to uninstall the old version before installing the new one?
I didn't

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
No need to uninstall, newer version of OrBit will "upgrade" older version. You only need to uninstall if for some reason you needed to go back to an older install. At that point you would have probably contacted me through support ;-)