Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Active Noise Control (EOE & EOR) - How to get it working
Does this functionality work for your car?

I have the standard (Premium audio system 10 instances) XC90 D4
Do I need an extra module?

Generates:
ECM:
U2300 - Central Configuration- System Programming Failures- Invalid / incompatible configuration
XC90 D4, FWD
What setting are you trying to change from-->to. The original configuration varies with Volvo. I think the diesel series tend to have "EOR" from the factory.

My T6 S60 came with "EOE" from the factory. As I am not a big fan of the fake engine noise, I have changed mine to the disabled, "no EOE/EOR" setting. It works, removes the engine sound enhancement. 

When you try changing these settings, it may be a good practice to try a reset of the ECM and the AUD (use the dropdown and the Hard Reset button on the ECU tools tab). If I remember correctly, it may have taken those ECU restarts to make the change take effect right away. There is some connection there, the ECM needs to send some engine data to the AUD unit, so it can play the correct "sound" through the speakers.

I did try EOR setting on my car, it did work but sounded very strange...I concluded that not all the settings are designed in to work for all the drivetrains, at the time I figured the EOR is primarily for the diesel engines, for noise reduction or just smooth out the sound. The EOE seems to be designed to enhance the petrol 4-cylinder, to sound perhaps more like a 6 cylinder or something more "luxurious". I prefer the more traditional sound without any electronic modifications ;-)
So it isn't like a true noise reduction, more like a fake sound, I've been in a B5 XC90, but unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to scan it. It took out the repetitive sound from outside the car, so I'm guessing some extra microphones may be needed.
XC90 D4, FWD
I remember reading somewhere that EOR is designed specifically to cancel out high-pitched "whining" from the ERAD, though I can't remember where I saw that. Best I can do is the attached document that seems to indicate EOR is only active in PHEVs (at least for the XC90).

Attached Files
.pdf   Active Noise Control.pdf (Size: 564.07 KB / Downloads: 132)
2018 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription | Convenience, Vision, Luxury Seat, and Advanced packages | B&W + 4C Air Suspension
Hello guys, 

Could you please suggest, how to check current 358 ACTIVE NOISE CONTROL configuration parameters? 
As I understood the OrBit will not let you see parameters until you get the license.
(03-12-2023, 11:15 PM)muntes Wrote: So it isn't like a true noise reduction, more like a fake sound, I've been in a B5 XC90, but unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to scan it. It took out the repetitive sound from outside the car, so I'm guessing some extra microphones may be needed.

Thanks a lot for sharing this. Unfortunately, I have a diesel engine with no subwoofer. Most likely, this is why it didn't work for me.
Also, I'm guessing you should have the car's audio config as Premium or Premium Plus.

Has anyone an idea about how you could check if the microphones are present in the car?
XC90 D4, FWD
hellou i have on 2020 t8 xc60 , i check the 358 and i have active both options i change only to engine sound , but not hear enithing from speakers , please help me to configurate 
harman kardon with sub sistem sound 
plss help me thanks
i have 2020 t8 with harman kardon , pls help me to activate fake engine sound from speakers 
thanks
Suggest not do cross-thread posting with same posts-q-req, as it make then threads disordered with much same and unecessary post, but once you post , be patience and wait on respond someone, or use button EDIT and not do double posts in same thread 1 after other one, there is button EDIT at every POST.