Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keepin PA active when towing a trailer.
I have a '22 V60 CC with PA & ACC enabled via orbit. I also have the dealer installed folding hitch option which enables trailer assist (which I can also see as configured 'active' in Orbit.) When you hitch a trailer to the car PA is no longer available, but I want to see if I can reinstate it. I am only pulling a light weight kayak rack trailer.

My question is does anyone know the dependency that is disabling PA with the trailer attached - it is being detected either via the trailer electrics connector, or via the parking sensors on the rear. I am wondering if disabling trailer assist will also reinstate PA, but I am yet to try it out. Anyone have any experience to share?
It's via the trailer plug, when you plug in, there is a message that some system is deactivated ( I think the blind spot system)
Right. I will try turning off trailer assist and see if they retains PA access.
I have a feeling that the PA is always disabled when a trailer is connected, i.e. there is no config, because PA is always disable with a trailer. And I am assuming the trailer module reports the connected "status" as a matter of course. The are some config items you can control, like trailer stability assist, and rear fog light disable with trailer connected. As well as probably other systems that are adjusted like rear parking sensors and blind spot detection to allow for the connected trailer to not set them off.