Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Collision Warning (RCW) Default setting RoW vs US.
Hello,

I'm trying to see what the RoW has RCW in their Polestar 2 and XC40 vehicle set to, vs the US option. 
RCW has two parts, Warning that flashes the hazards, and Mitigation that straps you in and apply the parking brake to brace. 
The US manual is ambiguous on its behavior, with the RCW section stating the hazards would flash, while in the Limitation of RCW section, "in select markets", due to regulations, the hazards don't flash. The marketing material is also ambiguous as well. 

This is hard to test, and in the one instance that I had this function trigger, it did not flash the hazards.
My car has the Config set to "Rear Collision Mitigation" by default, there is also the option for "Rear Collision Warning & Mitigation", and "Rear Collision Warning", plus the usual without 00 option.

I am wondering what non-US spec has this config option set to. AFAIK automated hazard use is somewhat not a first choice in the US market because of Michigan laws (hence the EBL is using fogs instead of flashing).
My old V90 was set to Warning and Mitigation.......I was parked up at the roadside with engine running and a truck came up alongside me at speed...

The car gave me an audible warning inside, flashed the hazards and the seatbelt pretensioners activated.

Was a bit of a shock but thankfully no impact from the truck.

Sent from my A065 using Tapatalk
What I've seen is US cars generally have the Rear Collision Mitigation only. I had it activate once, so I understand it still warns the driver! But without the "warning" it doesn't warn externally on the car, i.e. flash the hazards.

Generally EU cars seem to have Rear Collision Warning & Mitigation set.