Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Android Auto OS 12 - Compatibility
Polestar has announced Version 3.0.3 which switches the car over to AAOS 12. Are there are compatibility issues or anything otherwise that we should note? Should we wait for confirmation from OrBit that it's OK to install the new version of AAOS when it becomes available, or stick with V 2.14.4?
Apparently it includes new binaries for the IHU, CEM, and other ECUs, so I guess we will have to see (Polestar 3.0.3)
Somebody is going to have to try it...

Release notes are here: https://www.polestar.com/us/manual/poles...e-updates/
No issues so far on my 3 Volvo cars updated to 3.0.3. I'd assume the same for Polestar.
There's your answer then.
Great news @wdimagineer. Will let everyone know when 3.0.3 becomes available for the Polestar
Just wanted to chime in with an update. I got the angry cloud for the 3.0.3 update on Wednesday morning. Reset the car to OEM using OrBit that evening, lost the angry cloud and update notification, and drove around for a mile or so. Came back, parked the car and checked in an hour. Got the angry cloud back. Installed 3.0.3 without any issues and then used OrBit to revert back my settings. Everything went through, but I have not yet tested the activation of the Adaptive Pixels. The "Auto" option of the headlight feature is indeed active, since the "A Headlight" symbol in the driver display is on even after multiple restarts of the car.
Took the car out for a test tonight. The Adaptive Pixel headlights appear to activate sooner and then stayed on longer compared to the previous version of Android for me
(04-28-2024, 12:42 AM)SashaSolitaire Wrote: Took the car out for a test tonight. The Adaptive Pixel headlights appear to activate sooner and then stayed on longer compared to the previous version of Android for me

Can confirm there were updates to HCMR and HCML while I installed 3.0.3 through VIDA
In the past when I've installed an OTA update it has automatically reverted my customizations on my USA-market '22 C40 back to default. But interestingly, installing the 3.0.3 update a few days ago seems to have left them alone, because my pixel headlights and a few other tweaks are still enabled. Did anyone else have this experience?