Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Xc90 2nd row middle seat removal
Hi everyone - I’ve got a 2019 XC90 T8 T design and I’d like to remove the middle seat of the 2nd row to create captains chairs. When I do this, I’ll be removing the middle seat seatbelt of course. This will trigger a fault code as the seatbelt and pretensioner will be removed. It’s possible to fool the system by creating a dongle with a few resistors and plugging it in. I’m wondering if I could use Orbit to accomplish the same task without the resistor trick. I searched here and didn’t find anything. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you!
There are several settings to disable the 2nd Row middle one that you can try. 
024 SEATS > 09 6 seat
319 SAFETY BELT REMINDER 2ND ROW > 02  (if it's set to 3 from factory) 
456 BELT PRE-TENSIONER 2ND ROW > 02
482 SEAT SPLIT SECOND ROW > Check what you have right now. You might need to change it to 01 or 05. 

Folks here who already have 6 seater can check their factory settings and advise further. In general, you should be able to disable it after disconnecting the equipment.
Thank you. If I do this, do I risk being blocked by Volvo?
As far as I know; If you revert back to factory configuration before visiting the service (connecting VIDA), you should be good. VOLVO does not block the cars if an equipment is disconnected.