Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying ECM pin vs DIY extraction
Im new to this and trying to decide if I should spend some extra hours and retrieve the PIN by my self or using the Orbit service.

When using the  subscription service with PIN retrieval do I get the actual key or is it saved on some server?
In the case I get the key it should it be enough with the cheaper $100 subscription year 2?
You get the keys from OrBit and can reuse them
Yep future years you have the normal subsceiption.

It's a little PITA it get the PIN yourself IMO, and you need (or at least needed) a 3 day sub to VIDA which was like $82 if I remember.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
i have the same question for my Volvo XC60 june 2022 and model 2023.  How can i get the PIN code from my car and i don't understand the Orbit explaination OrBit Software 1yr with license for flashing 1 VIN,[/b] WITH CEM PIN retreival for 1 VIN: $225"  and what is a 3 day sub VIDA ? 
Just purchase the OrBit with CEM PIN retreival and send your proof of payment (just in case) along with your VIN to OrBit support via email, wait for 24 hours (sometimes a bit more) , support will reply with your CEM PIN.
(04-10-2024, 06:05 PM)Corsat Wrote: i have the same question for my Volvo XC60 june 2022 and model 2023.  How can i get the PIN code from my car and i don't understand the Orbit explaination OrBit Software 1yr with license for flashing 1 VIN,[/b] WITH CEM PIN retreival for 1 VIN: $225"  and what is a 3 day sub VIDA ? 
You either pay OrBit only and get your PIN yourself (or if you have it already) or get the PIN with your first year subscription (more expensive).

However to get your PIN yourself used to need an older .exe of Vida, Wireshark for the log, a 3-day subscription to VIDA, and a 0.01$ total upgrade to flash on the car.
I strongly suggest to get straight the PIN from OrBit unless you want to do a total upgrade (i.e. if your car is out of warranty and you want to update all softwares, otherwise it's free at dealer normally)

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
I did choose Orbit instead of VIDA, my conclusion was that you save a lot of time and lose very few $$

The manual VIDA solution require a 3 day subscription from Volvo $73 and if you are outside US like me you probably have to spend some $$ on  VPN +  American credit card. 
You also have to spend time on Volvo registration process and getting familiar with Wireshark.