Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volvo v60 manual seats to electric seats retrofit help
Hey all,
I want to fit electric seats to my car which has heated seats to my non heated manual seats. My current seats only has lumbar and lift that’s electric the rest is manual. Can I fit fully electric seats to my car without doing any wiring or would I need additional wiring if so any advice on what I need to do. My car is a Volvo v60 r design
For the heated seats, you will definitely need 2 wiring at least  (Power and LIN).  For ground, it depends on your current ground ground wire thickness. 
For the full electric, it might just work but it'd would be wiser to double check the wiring diagram which I shared in another thread. 
If your new seats, has side support too, then you will need another positive wire, Side support  is part of the massage seats module regales the seats have massage option or not.
To get the seat working it's nothing more than hooking up can bus to the seat, you can take it from the doorway harness
(04-01-2024, 06:51 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: For the heated seats, you will definitely need 2 wiring at least  (Power and LIN).  For ground, it depends on your current ground ground wire thickness. 
For the full electric, it might just work but it'd would be wiser to double check the wiring diagram which I shared in another thread. 
If your new seats, has side support too, then you will need another positive wire, Side support  is part of the massage seats module regales the seats have massage option or not.

So in quite new to retrofitting and reading the diagrams. I took my old seat out and looked at the wiring I don’t have any additional wiring in my chair unfortunately. I took photos of my pin but I don’t know where to go from there I haven’t purchased the seats yet until I’m certain I can do it. For the power do I need to feed a completely new line from my seat to the fuse box so it’s “oem wiring or am I hot wiring a power cable else where to the seat.
So, first things firsts it all depends on what you type of seat and wiring you have right now and to what type of seats you are upgrading to. 
Some features are common on all seats such as airbags, seatbelt  sensor and etc. So those are already wired. However,  if you are upgrading to heated / ventilated, you will wiring. 
Regarding positive wiring. Bo not hot wire from an existing positive wire. Always wire from the fuse box (use a fuse TAB) and put the fuse TAB on the dedicated fuse number. 
For example heated and cooled seats have their own individual fuses and power wires from the fuse box to the heating module under the seat.  
Front massage seats have 1 power wire from fuse box to both seats. Both seats are on the same 7.5 amp. So, if you are upgrading to  heated and massage seats do not use the same power for both. 
There are some exceptions to this; for example, If you are adding a cabin light, or a switch (original rear seat heating ) you can take the power from anywhere.