Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retrofit the new gear stick and oem wireless charging on older SPA
Just out of curiosity I wonder if anyone have tried to upgrade the gear stick from the old big stick to let's say the newer smaller version "orrefors"?

Can the oem wireless charger be added? Now I'm running the aliexpress version and it's ugly and not that sufficient in terms of charging.

If possible, what would be necessary to change in terms of hardware and software in OrBit?

XC60 MY18
For the gear shift, It is very unlikely you can because one is mechanical the other one is shift by wire.  If you are asking from old shift by wire to new one, I read at swedespeed.com someone manage to pull it off, but if I remember correctly it was pain in the rear end. 

Regarding the oem wireless charger, 
Technically it is possible but you might end up replacing the whole top side of the center console or just replacing the cup holder part.  
4/312 WIRELESS PHONE CHARGER WPC has three wires. 
A6 (on charger) LIN:  is connected to CEM on FL41
A1 (on charger) Power: is connected to Fuse connector harness pin A 31 fuse number CF29 (you can use a fuse TAB. or simply get it from the existing 12V outlet connector.  
A5 (on Charger) Ground, you can get it from anywhere you like. 

So, you will just need to wire the CEM and enable it from Orbit. 

But FYI.  according to my experience on loaner car, VOLVO's Wireless charging do not charge through many phone cases.  (iphone 14 and Sony Xpreia 1 pro. ) .