Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any luck with Park Assist
Hi!

I have 24 XC40, have 6 sensors front and back, was curious if anyone had any luck enabling park assist?  if so what setting did you change and from what to what?  looks like my current is set at semi auto gen 3
I retro fitted to my S60 2019 officially from VIDA.  I had 4 sensors at the front and 4 sensors at the back. I added total 4 sensors. Outer front (L&R) and Outer rear (L&R). 
The original factory settings was  142. PARKING ASSISTANCE >> Parking Assistance, rear and front
With official VIDA software they turned into  142. PARKING ASSISTANCE >> Parking assistance, Semi-Automatic Parking. 
When I tried the other ones (Parking Assistance, SAP+ and Parking assistance, Semi-Automatic Parking Gen3)   I got DTCs and it did not work. 
I assume the full automatic ones also controls the shifting. 

In both cases, 
305. PARKING ASSISTANCE SENSOR GENERATION never changed > GEN6 

So, according to what you are saying, it should work from factory but in MY24 and later, VOLVO moved the parking sensors from CEM to ASDM (ACTIVE SAFETY DOMAIN MASTER). So, they might also move the Park Assist pilot software into the Pilot Assist / ACC software.  Don't know if you have it or not already but if you don't, it is worth to give it a try.
Not sure if OP has an Sensus or AAOS system, but on AAOS there is no Park Assist pilot anymore.
(04-05-2024, 06:10 PM)spacey Wrote: Not sure if OP has an Sensus or AAOS system, but on AAOS there is no Park Assist pilot anymore.

AAOS.  Interesting they got rid of it.  That explains why it was not working lol