Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some problems
Hi
Can somebody help me with my faults
Picture 1413 shows the problem
Picture 1411  After read fault codes this came up so i clear codes but still same problem
Picture 1412  how do i clear service, tryed to click on the red button but nothing happens
Best regards
Ulf from Sweden

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Volvo XC60 2020 D4 AD-Blue
I know this might not necessarily be it, but what is the status of the battery truly like? When I had a problem with my xc90, the support battery was tested by volvo and although that read 12v, it had bad cells so would cause errors because it couldn't feed all the necessary circuits when it tested for voltage across them all. Mine had never been changed in 6 years and was pretty bad by all accounts. Changing that fixed electrical issues for me, but I got a volvo technician to sit there diagnosing it for a few hours to come to that conclusion.

I then had another issue straight after that caused similar symptoms, but that was unrelated to power. More poor design and a Vcm being underwater, but that's another story.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Hi
It happend vhen i installed carplay and in same time charged my battery.
Btw do you know how to reset service
/Ulf
Reset service is under the service tab. Even charging the battery, if it has dead cells, it won't travel across effectively and will never fully charge to the correct amperes to kick up all the systems if its truly dead. It might not be that though, but that is what it was with mine where systems got mismatched power across them so the ecu shut no critical ones down.

Is it the small battery thats bad?
That was the one that was bad with mine. It is the support battery and although it is advertised mainly for start stop on my D5 xc90, it is actually used for checking all the systems and supplying voltage for them. I'd get it tested before you just replace it though as it might not even be that!

Thank you?
Code will keep coming back until you fix the actual problem. If you have bad batteries, I think you should see tons of low voltage DTCs, so I don't think that's the issue here. I'd start by checking what the code describe.
You're generally right, which is why I didn't think mine was a dead battery. But, I didn't have low voltage codes at all with mine, it simply had taken city safety offline because some of the systems had an imbalance of voltage but no dtcs relating to that. This was even what the volvo dealership confirmed. This is also why it had taken them nearly a week to figure out it was the battery. That's why I'm throwing in it 'could' be, but don't replace the battery unless checking, but check battery in case, because volvo couldn't figure it out until somewhat thought to check that it could be that, even with no low voltage codes. So it is possible, because it happened with mine and that was the main stealer looking at it

Interesting, that’s good to know. I had a slightly weak battery on my S60 and when I scanned it, it was littered with low voltage code. But I suppose it’s possible that the battery could be weak, and somewhat the low voltage DTC set conditions were not met. It does seem a little weird that a low battery can set off HUD circuit short code, maybe it’s a separate issue on its own.