Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 V90 Reverse camera
I did install original camera + original wiring

after install i did use orbit 154 + config 9

on center screen i see camera icon but its greyd out and when turning reverse nothing popsup on?

do i miss some config or what
I think its easier if tou say what option in text you chose. On my v60 i chose gen2 camera always on.
V60 2020 
My camera might be faulty

I did look codes and i get this from IHU 

IHU-B156C88
Exploring different settings. I encountered similar issues when I attempted to change settings on my (OEM) camera. Choosing the wrong setting led to identical symptoms. Therefore, it's advisable to experiment with all available settings initially. This comprehensive approach can help identify the correct configuration
(03-24-2024, 04:33 PM)Eilert Wrote: Exploring different settings. I encountered similar issues when I attempted to change settings on my (OEM) camera. Choosing the wrong setting led to identical symptoms. Therefore, it's advisable to experiment with all available settings initially. This comprehensive approach can help identify the correct configuration

Maybe i try tomorrow every possible camera setting that there is. 

I have been test now that Gen 2 camera setting ( 09 ) and reverse camera ( 02 ) both returns same issue. Camera icon on screen is greyed out
(03-23-2024, 06:45 PM)ASar97 Wrote: I did install original camera + original wiring

on center screen i see camera icon but its greyd out and when turning reverse nothing popsup on?

I am so sorry but I have bad news.
You have most likely installed wrong camera - the one from newer models.
It works like this:
V90 2017 and XC90 2015-2017 have old type of IHU (radio/navi) unit - it does not support direct connection to camera.
In those years - you need a special module which is plugged between IHU and Camera (WAM - Wide angle module - parking cameras)
So when you retrofit - you need whole set.
1. cable IHU to WAM
2. WAM unit
3. Cable WAM to power and CAN Bus
4. Cable WAM to camera
5. Camera (the one used in parking cameras - 6 PIN rectangle shape)

As of 2018 IHU as been changed so it does not require WAM module anymore - you connect directly via cable - IHU to Camera. Camera is different (blue socket with round 4 pin connector)

If you install the new camera in old iHU - the icon will be there but greyed out. You need to change it. Sorry.
I know it as I went through same issue.

@ ASar97
and your installation links for V90

new one as of 2018+
https://accessories.volvocars.com/pl-pl/...18?lang=en

and the one you actually need:
https://accessories.volvocars.com/pl-pl/...17?lang=en

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-24-2024, 10:05 PM)Sir0cco Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 06:45 PM)ASar97 Wrote: I did install original camera + original wiring

I am so sorry but I have bad news.
You have most likely installed wrong camera - the one from newer models.
It works like this:
V90 2017 and XC90 2015-2017 have old type of IHU (radio/navi) unit - it does not support direct connection to camera.
In those years - you need a special module which is plugged between IHU and Camera (WAM - Wide angle module - parking cameras)
So when you retrofit - you need whole set.
1. cable IHU to WAM
2. WAM unit
3. Cable WAM to power and CAN Bus
4. Cable WAM to camera
5. Camera (the one used in parking cameras - 6 PIN rectangle shape)

As of 2018 IHU as been changed so it does not require WAM module anymore - you connect directly via cable - IHU to Camera. Camera is different (blue socket with round 4 pin connector)

If you install the new camera in old iHU - the icon will be there but greyed out. You need to change it. Sorry.
I know it as I went through same issue.

@ ASar97
and your installation links for V90

new one as of 2018+
https://accessories.volvocars.com/pl-pl/...18?lang=en

and the one you actually need:
https://accessories.volvocars.com/pl-pl/...17?lang=en

Oh thanks... looks like my car wont get reverse camera then? WAM cost here without wiring loom 750€
(03-25-2024, 07:25 AM)ASar97 Wrote: Oh thanks... looks like my car wont get reverse camera then? WAM cost here without wiring loom 750€

Just bought a secondhand WAM for ~100€ from eBay, and in the middle of sourcing the rest pieces.

Anybody know, where you could find the cables? Camera seems to be relatively easy, but haven't seen those cables very often anywhere.
2015 XC90, and somebody has forgotten to get that damn camera when ordering the car new.

360 cam is too much of a hassle to retrofit, but i want to try installing the rear one, as it seems relatively simple according to installation guide
Piipasee Look at the Photo above- all the part numers are there.
Technically you can crimp those wires yourself but all components are expensive and complex. Better get a used ones.
You need 3 cables: one to IHU, one to camera, one with communication to CANbus and power
(03-24-2024, 10:05 PM)Sir0cco Wrote: You have most likely installed wrong camera - the one from newer models.
It works like this:

I am curious, in the -2017 models, have you found if the WAM hardware is the same between rear-only and 360 cam equipped models?