Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIRBORNE PARTICULATE MATTER SENSOR (APMS)
Has anyone retrofitted AIRBORNE PARTICULATE MATTER SENSOR (APMS)  part number 31497671 ? 
I checked the wiring it's pretty simple.  It is actually connected to CEM and not the CCM as I thought. 
A1 > goes to power CF 14 on the fuse box
A2 > goes to CEM (IP connector )pin 15. 
A3 > goes to ground.  

The question is that Does the HVAC require something additional like a cleaner or different filter?
(03-23-2024, 04:10 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Has anyone retrofitted AIRBORNE PARTICULATE MATTER SENSOR (APMS)  part number 31497671 ? 
I checked the wiring it's pretty simple.  It is actually connected to CEM and not the CCM as I thought. 
A1 > goes to power CF 14 on the fuse box
A2 > goes to CEM (IP connector )pin 15. 
A3 > goes to ground.  

The question is that Does the HVAC require something additional like a cleaner or different filter?

Here is an update on this. It turns out there has been some changes on the wiring. up to MY21 the PIN 15 on CEM IP socket does not exists.  
The AIRBORNE PARTICULATE MATTER SENSOR (APMS) shares the same LIN as wireless phone charger for models at up to MY22.  According to MY23/24 diagrams, the wireless charger is on CEM FL socket PIN 41.  
I connected the sensor to PIN41 but could not get it to work.  I check the LIN output voltage on the sensor which is around 9 Volts. 
Enabled the AIRBORNE PARTICULATE MATTER SENSOR settings and did not get any DTCs from CEM.  From the ECU tools I tried to read the data from sensor but it says no signal is received. 
So, either the sensor is faulty or the PIN FL41 is not correct for MY19 models. 
Does anyone know what is the correct PIN number for MY19 to 21 ?  
This is the VIN number that the part came from.  7JR102FK5MG094609. Maybe someone with VIDA subscription can tell me.
It's just a menu item in Sensus with the added measuring device and maybe a different airfilter. 

https://www.media.volvocars.com/global/e...new-volvos

But it looks like it was introduced with MY21.

https://www.media.volvocars.com/nl/nl-nl...w-volvos-6
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
There are two versions of it, 
1) An application on Sensus as seen in the video. 
2) Just a value of the inside measurement in the climate control screen. >>> First gen

My problem is that CEM does not detect the LIN signal coming from the sensor.
According to latest MY23+ 60 and 90 series diagrams, it goes to the CEM IP socket pin 15 but MY19 to MY22 do not have that PIN15 on IP socket. 
According to latest MY23 and MY24 XC40 series, the sensor is on FL socket PIN41 shared with wireless charger. 
Either the sensor is faulty although the LIN output measures 9 volts or MY21 to MY22 uses a different PIN on the CEM.  I could not find the wiring diagrams of MY19 to MY22.