Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volvo C40 KM Down
"I've acquired a Volvo C40 and am curious if the Android ID system allows for the adjustment of the odometer readings?
Curious if you can increase the retail price of your vehicle or.....?
Idk for C40, but Autel just added a odometer verification for SPA cars, and I ran it on my S60, if their result is correct, there are like more than 10 modules with odo reading stored, so I don't think odo adjustment is easily doable if at all without flashing a bunch of modules.
(03-19-2024, 11:30 AM)x119 Wrote: Curious if you can increase the retail price of your vehicle or.....?
Was about to post something similar.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
I have a problem with costumes here because sometimes some Volvos come more than 50 km, but if the car is more than 100 km in our country, we must make costumes for 20% of the cost. This is the problem sometimes.
Are you dealing with new cars? I believe Volvo VIDA has a procedure for this, up to a certain distance (300km I think?), a new car odometer can be reset back to 0km. I think now I understand why this is, to help with importation and maintaining the "new car" status.

I've not added to OrBit as I assume anyone dealing with new cars like this will have access to VIDA easily, as an importer or dealer. Is there a place that would not be the case?