Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lynk&Co 09
Hello!
I got a SPA-based Lynk&Co 09. I assume it is running AAOS.
Is orbit compatible with this car? 
I want to enable adb access so I can sideload android apks onto it. I heard that it might be possible to enable adb with orbit.

Also, can you guys perform the paid PIN(CEM & VGM) retrieval service on Lynks?

I have an ENET cable, can run some experiments for you guys if you want to play with Lynks and Geelys Smile
Lynk & Co is listed in the vehicle model config so yes it should be compatible with it.

You can email support(at)spaycetech.com to make sure, you might be the first here Smile

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Sent an email to support.
Has anyone used orbit to unlock adb for sideloading apks or at least getting full access to the engineering menu?
No- sorry it's a short answer..
(03-10-2024, 07:38 PM)x119 Wrote: No- sorry it's a short answer..
No for the APK, not the Lynk & co compatibility Smile

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
I got access to the engineering menu. There is a toggle to enable adb, but I'm getting an error in chinese when trying to enable it:

[Image: U45lUSR.jpeg]

Translation: USB ADB is currently unavailable. Please use DID to enable to enable toggling USB ADB and try again.

I'm unfamiliar with SPAs, but does this have anything to do with this? https://forums.spaycetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23
Talked to a guy at an unofficial service center, he said they used OrBit to enable this DID Big Grin

Still didn't get an answer in my email about CGM+VGM pin retrieval service for lynks.
DID is just a command index. Chances are that they know the DID (OrBit doesn't have in library) and by manually typing it they are able to engage. 

There are the appropriate commands for engineering mode for the Sensus platformed vehicles but alas can't seem to get it to work! 

Can you share how you got engineering mode working on Android?
(03-11-2024, 09:31 AM)x119 Wrote: DID is just a command index. Chances are that they know the DID (OrBit doesn't have in library) and by manually typing it they are able to engage. 

There are the appropriate commands for engineering mode for the Sensus platformed vehicles but alas can't seem to get it to work! 

It's a 5-6 digit code following #* that you enter in the phone app

Code that works on all SPA-based Geelys and Lynks is #*32279 or #*32280 or #*32281.
I remember an electric model had a dynamic code which is derived from the current date. Formula is #*(current month+5 or +10) current day current hour(in AM/PM format).
So on the 11th of march at 18:00 the code would be #*81106 or #*131106. Formula could be different for Volvos.

If you have an infotainment dump or unpacked firmware files, you can easily find the code or the formula by checking the java sources. From the engineering mode you can open debug apps and jump into Android settings(you can't enable developer mode though, that requires a PIN and you only have 1 try every 60 minutes). I could try and dump it for you if you send me the unpacked firmware file for your car. I'd write up a tutorial and everyone would be able to sideload apks easily with adb in 1 command!

x119, is it possible to somehow enumerate the DIDs using OrBit? Do they have an identifier or is it address->value like nvram?
I PM'd you.

Also, would the PIN retrieval service work on Geelys and Lynks? I want to order OrBit for my car if it can! Might try to get VIDA and dump PINs as well.
(03-11-2024, 12:16 PM)yvlad Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 09:31 AM)x119 Wrote: DID is just a command index. Chances are that they know the DID (OrBit doesn't have in library) and by manually typing it they are able to engage. 

It's a 5-6 digit code following #* that you enter in the phone app

Code that works on all SPA-based Geelys and Lynks is #*32279 or #*32280 or #*32281.
I remember an electric model had a dynamic code which is derived from the current date. Formula is #*(current month+5 or +10) current day current hour(in AM/PM format).
So on the 11th of march at 18:00 the code would be #*81106 or #*131106. Formula could be different for Volvos.

If you have an infotainment dump or unpacked firmware files, you can easily find the code or the formula by checking the java sources. From the engineering mode you can open debug apps and jump into Android settings(you can't enable developer mode though, that requires a PIN and you only have 1 try every 60 minutes). I could try and dump it for you if you send me the unpacked firmware file for your car. I'd write up a tutorial and everyone would be able to sideload apks easily with adb in 1 command!

x119, is it possible to somehow enumerate the DIDs using OrBit? Do they have an identifier or is it address->value like nvram?
I PM'd you.

Also, would the PIN retrieval service work on Geelys and Lynks? I want to order OrBit for my car if it can! Might try to get VIDA and dump PINs as well.

Any more update?
(03-11-2024, 08:35 AM)yvlad Wrote: I got access to the engineering menu. There is a toggle to enable adb, but I'm getting an error in chinese when trying to enable it:

[Image: U45lUSR.jpeg]

Translation: USB ADB is currently unavailable. Please use DID to enable to enable toggling USB ADB and try again.

I'm unfamiliar with SPAs, but does this have anything to do with this? https://forums.spaycetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23
Talked to a guy at an unofficial service center, he said they used OrBit to enable this DID Big Grin

Still didn't get an answer in my email about CGM+VGM pin retrieval service for lynks.
Hello, I have Lynk co 09 EMP. I have recompileid *.apk my head unit.
In order to make  this menu item point switchable to adb mode and make it active the persistent.sys.usb.adb should be set to "on". It is in "off" from the factory. 
According to java code #*89757 tel. number activate activity shown on the picture. But getting persistent.sys.usb.adb to "on" is not available from this menu.

If you can install any applications into your head unit I can help with program code which makes persistent.sys.usb.adb to "on" position and makes shown flag sctive (switchable).