Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manufacturer Software Update - Process - Polestar
I have a Polestar 2 and two days back, I got the intimation that there's a software update available for the car. I have used Orbit and activated the Pixel lights. Can someone detail the process of updating the software/correcting my thoughts?

1) Backup configuration changes made through OrBit
2) Restore car to OEM using OrBit
3) Update the manufacturer provided software update
4) Restore changes made in OrBit
5) If one cannot restore, make the same config changes through OrBit
Exactly that.
MidNight PoleStar 2 My2023 PPP
There's an issue that I've noticed where if you get the OTA update prompt, then restore to OEM, it appears that it clears the update. Even after reseting the IHU and driving (which is the steps Polestar recommends) I'm not able to get the update again.
(03-10-2024, 05:00 AM)sags95 Wrote: There's an issue that I've noticed where if you get the OTA update prompt, then restore to OEM, it appears that it clears the update. Even after reseting the IHU and driving (which is the steps Polestar recommends) I'm not able to get the update again.

It looks like you turned off feature, when restoring to oem, that needs to be updated. My thinking..
You've got to wait. 

I'm sure is a thread here somewhere which exactly as you say has been observed. It takes a few days for the update to reappear.
What happens if you update without taking a backup in OrBit?
Orbit can restore OEM without a backup. It's not an issue.
I was planning to reset the car to OEM before flashing the software upgrade, but my wife, unbeknownst to me, went ahead and installed the software. I now have a consistent warning every time I start the car that the OPD has failed (and it's not working at all for real). I'll try to revert back to OEM and see if that fixes it when I am back home today. Confused
I reset prior to the update about a week ago and haven't had the option to update come back since. This update's not a big deal but I'll try to revert prior to OTA rollout next time.
So last night, I first restored the P*2 to OEM using OrBit and cleared all the DTC values. I then took a test drive and OPD was back to normal, and any error codes that were present below did not make a reappearance. Ensured that the car was on software version 2.14.3, and then hooked it back to OrBit and made my changes to the Adaptive Pixel lights. Took it for another test drive and everything is working as expected. Lesson learnt and will make sure that wifey does not do this again :-)