Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lane Change Assist
I just changed option 312 Lane Change Assist to level 1, but I have no clue what it does?

Does it change lane when you turn on the flashers during cruise control/pilot assist??
I tried those but it does nothing on my 2019 s60.  I guess, it's missing the front side radars (not parking sensors). Because if there is a half way in front of your car (the back of the side car next to middle of your car) The BLISS does not detect the car. That's why it needs the front side radars for changing the  lanes. I think, Cadillac has that feature.
AFAIK, while following a car at lower than your PA set speed and you signal to pass, Lane Change Assist looks for a car in the lane you're indicating toward. If it is clear, the car applies throttle while the turn signal is on (before you physically change lanes) to attempt to reach your set speed.
(03-05-2024, 08:42 PM)Northern Wrote: AFAIK, while following a car at lower than your PA set speed and you signal to pass, Lane Change Assist looks for a car in the lane you're indicating toward. If it is clear, the car applies throttle while the turn signal is on (before you physically change lanes) to attempt to reach your set speed.

It has nothing to do with it. It's the default behavior of the PA / ACC. I have not enabled the lane change assist and it still behaves exactly the same as soon as I use the turn signal "left" and braking into left lane.
(03-06-2024, 12:50 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 08:42 PM)Northern Wrote: AFAIK, while following a car at lower than your PA set speed and you signal to pass, Lane Change Assist looks for a car in the lane you're indicating toward. If it is clear, the car applies throttle while the turn signal is on (before you physically change lanes) to attempt to reach your set speed.

It has nothing to do with it. It's the default behavior of the PA / ACC. I have not enabled the lane change assist and it still behaves exactly the same as soon as I use the turn signal "left" and braking into left lane.

Accurate. Mine has always done it, almost annoyingly. Like when turning left or right into a light or a stop sign. Just total unguided acceleration because it sees no car. Similar behavior when the signal is used as well, though less frequent and less predictable but predictable