Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update Circle rotates
Hello everyone,

I have a problem, the circle has been turning for a few weeks. But I don't know why. nothing is displayed. I also can't update the maps via USB.
I've also done restore to OEM with Orbit, but the circle spins for no apparent reason.
I also can't load the Spotify update or it isn't displayed. Do you know what that could be?

the map installation is grayed out.

Thank you very much.

[Image: a803801fdbe069d02520c6d499c8f6c5.jpg]
[Image: 29ef1e12ccfb1579fc642a4fc0b920e1.jpg]
[Image: 72515cfe5374972614fc07b11c637e24.jpg]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
I would do some basic checking to see if the connection is good?

Well first, run "Reset ECU" on the IHU through OrBit (ECU Tools tab), to be sure it's not just a "reboot" issue. You could try the same for the VCM as well which provides the online connection for the IHU

I would then check, make sure connected? I see "signal" shown there, and the "globe" icon which I think is Internet Connected. Can you do something simple, I usually use the"Weather" app, see if it loads the weather forecast. Then you know the cat has a good online connection can get to the Internet.

If not connected still, check; In sensus communication menu, is "use car modem" enabled? If it is, you can disable and try another way, see if you have a paired bluetooth phone, can you enable "Internet access" through bluetooth, does that work?

If you still have no online connection, but you see signal is good for the car mobile connection (as you show in your pictures) I might suspect there could be a problem with "certficiates". I can't be sure, I don't know the history of this car, but it is a possibility. You can only check and see through VIDA, and VIDA has a way to correct this (or rule out the issue if it doesn't fix) there is a software "change market certificate" which will load new client certificates, to restore the online connection if needed. The car has client authenctication certificates, to authorize it to connect to the Volvo cloud, and all Internet access for the car goes through the Volvo cloud online system. 

Maybe one of those things will help! It's an unrelated problem to OrBit and config in the car.

Note: You DO have only 1 bar showing in the pictures there...so good to be sure it's not just bad signal quality, very slow connection! You may already have ruled that out if you have checked when the signal is stronger, just wanted to mention, the basic things do still apply, not all the problems are complex!
Problem solved.
I’ve downloaded all Europe maps to a usb stick, put it in my car and now it works.

I think there was a map update problem and i solved it with the manual update via stick. Before i do it, I deactivated the internal modem and WiFi.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk