Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moonroof control from the key
Is there a way to enable the moonroof to open/close from the key together with the windows?

My Ford Fusion 2014 had this option. While holding the lock button on the key it closed all windows and sunroof. While holding the unlock button it opened all windows and the sunroof opened for ventilation.

My friend's European XC90 2016 works the same way. If he has the moonroof open, he can just hold the lock button and it will close.

On my US XC90 2018, the same action only closes windows, but the moonroof remains open.

Is there an option in OrBit to change this?
My Saab has this feature by programing with the good'ol Tech2...Would be fascinating to enable this feature with Orbit.
This I believe will be a market inherited setting. Will come back shortly - it certainly works default here in the UK.
What I know about moonroof control, there are a couple quirks, others feel free to share?

When I bought my 2019 S60 (in 2019):

Press and hold the "touch lock" area on the door handle: close the windows (not close moonroof)
Press and hold the lock" button on remote fob: close the windows (not close moonroof)

After software udpates sometime in 2020:

Press and hold the "touch lock" area on the door handle: close the windows, then moonroof, then moonroof shade
Press and hold the lock" button on remote fob: close the windows (not close moonroof)

I had question/report in from a customer, how to close the moonroof when using the remote fob? I tested my car and mentioned to another friend that tested his car, the moonroof does not close, when closing the windows from the remote fob! This seems to be the behavior, though the function from the door handle was updated to close the roof with a software update. 

I don't know what we can do about enabling that from the remote fob, it appears to be in software, not a config item. More research needed to see if possible...

If you got a car that the moonroof does not close via the door handle, I would see if you have not updated software in a long time. There could be variation between years/models/markets so sharing is good if we could discover any clues about it.
Hello, my XC 60 D3 2019 does close the roof and curtain (from the key) by remote control.  it only closes, it does not open
(03-01-2024, 03:23 PM)Power6 Wrote: What I know about moonroof control, there are a couple quirks, others feel free to share?

Press and hold the "touch lock" area on the door handle: close the windows (not close moonroof)

Press and hold the "touch lock" area on the door handle: close the windows, then moonroof, then moonroof shade

I had question/report in from a customer, how to close the moonroof when using the remote fob? I tested my car and mentioned to another friend that tested his car, the moonroof does not close, when closing the windows from the remote fob! This seems to be the behavior, though the function from the door handle was updated to close the roof with a software update. 

I don't know what we can do about enabling that from the remote fob, it appears to be in software, not a config item. More research needed to see if possible...

If you got a car that the moonroof does not close via the door handle, I would see if you have not updated software in a long time. There could be variation between years/models/markets so sharing is good if we could discover any clues about it.
It works, but you need to hold the touch-lock all the time while everything is getting closed. That's weird. If you need to stay near the car, will be much faster to close everything before the exit.
(03-04-2024, 09:27 PM)zmomota Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 03:23 PM)Power6 Wrote: What I know about moonroof control, there are a couple quirks, others feel free to share?

It works, but you need to hold the touch-lock all the time while everything is getting closed. That's weird. If you need to stay near the car, will be much faster to close everything before the exit.

Keep on mind, VOLVO is a EU car and they safety regulations for that. The reason behind it is very simple "To avoid closing the window on someone's hand or fingers especially the little ones. Yes, window drops back if there is an obstacle but still it can easily hurt someone if it closes on a single click.
(03-06-2024, 12:41 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:

Keep on mind, VOLVO is a EU car and they safety regulations for that. The reason behind it is very simple "To avoid closing the window on someone's hand or fingers especially the little ones. Yes, window drops back if there is an obstacle but still it can easily hurt someone if it closes on a single click.
In this case the anti-pinch system should move the window/techi back.
(03-07-2024, 05:14 PM)davelillo Wrote:

Yes, that's true but as I mentioned it's still powerful enough to crush the fingers of children and toddlers. That's why EU has abounded auto close on click of a button.
(03-08-2024, 12:36 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 05:14 PM)davelillo Wrote:

Yes, that's true but as I mentioned it's still powerful enough to crush the fingers of children and toddlers. That's why EU has abounded auto close on click of a button.
You can still use global open/close on cars sold in the EU, I don’t know what you’re talking about.