Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESC Temporarily Off??
I wrote the car once and now it won't rewrite. I've tried a few times. And it keeps saying "Programming Mode Process Failed" then CEM Flash Failed. 

So, what did I do wrong?

i reset the DTC and that went away, so but i tried to get the car to restore to factory, but i still get programming Mode Process Failed" "CEM Flash Failed!" 

how can i share the log file?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here's a log SS. Why is the car aborting the process? Is there an error in the programming sequence? did I miss a step when i flashed it the first time?

I created a profile, but the Orbit program requires a verification every time i open it. I went to update the CEM Pin and it was empty, so I put the existing pin in, and tried to write again, but i'm still getting this "failed" error message.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Update:

I reset all ECUs. As well as cleared the ASDM ecu... Not that I could do anything else since there was no pin for it that I could find. I also re input my CEM pin and wrote to the car with the driver's door open, the radio on Spotify, with the USB stick out of all the ports... Not sure how much of that together played a part in it, but I was able to write to the car again. For now I have the settings the way I want, but I'm gonna have to set to factory when I go get the software update.  Undecided
Hi!

So forums are good for many things... BUT support for OrBit errors not so much ;-) It may be in the future when other people than I, might be able to help, but for now...it's just me who wrote all the code and now what is going on in there!

I think you did already contact me via support. I will reach out to you again though, as I think this issue is exactly what happens when using certain USB Ethernet adapters. it's not related to OrBit specifically, but a fellow OrBit user discovered a Volvo support doc on VIDA errors with USB Ethernet adapters and was able to fix the issue.

I have probably said as much to you in e-mail...but for others: OrBit uploads the log periodically, so if you come to me with a problem I can usually get the latest log and troubleshoot with you. The log viewing button on the Experts tab is for the curious technical people out there, who wanted to see the log, so I made the viewer, and you can save the log out of there as well to preserve an issue from being cleared out of the log.
You've been amazing and I'm... So so so grateful!