Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying it out
I Just got a enet cable. Is it possible to read any info from a Polestar 2 with orbit without getting the pin codes? I want to see the current fault codes. Have an intermittend propulsion system error and wanted to check what the issue is before sending it to a garage. I dont need to flash settings or anything.
I got my setup with the cable and haven't gotten the pin codes, but I can see all the faults no problem. I do think you need to license the software ($100/yr) to have it actually run as it will challenge you with your email address and send you a one time code to start the program. But then it will work just fine without the pins for reading.
Orbit is licensed, for both fault reading and flashing. Fault reading is any vehicle, flashing is VIN locked and requires a PIN.
I don't have a free tier for OrBit. It's only available fully supported.

When you get to the "Android"(aka iCup) cars that require CEM/VGM PINs, you have a need for PIN even if only for diagnostics. The "VGM" is a diagnostic firewall, such is life is in the age of automotive cybersecurity, and/or mfrs exerting access control on their products post-sale (pick your conspiracy theory!), you are limited to what you can access without "unlocking" the VGM which requires the VGM PIN. That includes some things as simple as clearing DTCs from a few specific modules in the car. Even outside of OrBit, you may just want to have at least the VGM PIN to ensure diagnostic access to a car you own with the tool of your choice.

If you got a special situation, you can send a message to info@ and I am always happy to discuss.