Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Video Recorder?
So, thumbing through, i found this option for DVR. does that work similar to a dash cam?

Once I get consistent flashing abilities, or at least stop hamfisting my attempts, i'm going to explore this a bit more. Would be cool to have a sentry style observation of the car in case something happens.
Suspect it was prototyped. Whether it made it into the production software is unknown! 

Test > look for IHU buttons... report back Smile
(02-12-2023, 06:10 PM)x119 Wrote: Suspect it was prototyped. Whether it made it into the production software is unknown! 

Test > look for IHU buttons... report back Smile

Nice! I love that we're all sort of finding out at the same time. This is encouraging. I'll report back!
I was curious about this too and came across a brochure for a Volvo DVR accessory for the Malaysia market. 
https://assets.volvocars.com/my/~/media/...vo-dvr.pdf
Sounds like this can talk to some of the car's sensors for event triggering.
Disappointing, really, it would be way cooler to record the built-in cameras!
Nice info. Thanks for sharing! No fancy Tesla-esque feature here!!
Ohhhhh I've seen this on people's cars before. I think I've seen versions of it on Alibaba. So basically this selection is to activate that camera it looks like. Hmmm not a bad thing. But not as good as using the already on board cameras.
(02-18-2023, 05:05 PM)marc92 Wrote: I was curious about this too and came across a brochure for a Volvo DVR accessory for the Malaysia market. 
https://assets.volvocars.com/my/~/media/...vo-dvr.pdf
Sounds like this can talk to some of the car's sensors for event triggering.
Disappointing, really, it would be way cooler to record the built-in cameras!

I was interested to know more about this and if it does actually talk to the car, so I contacted a dealership in Malaysia and asked them for the price / installation instructions and if any software changes needed. Here is their answer, I'm planning to purchase it to test

DVR Volvo S90
Mine is just like this but with a worse sensor. Don't remember exactly but it was something like 30€. This one has a better sensor and lens
They all do the same thing and for a lot less. How much would the one from Volvo be?
Volvo On Road app works with any of them
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
This does not appear to integrate into the car at all. It has its own 3axis g sensor, and has a dedicated app in the App Store (no English localization.). Probably the best you can hope for is that it has a proper wiring harness for plugging into the car.

User manual available here. (Be patient. Link took a while to load the pdf, the file is likely hosted on a potato.)

http://www.peksunny.cn/uploadfiles/2017/...928928.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, it looks like it could be the same exact device just with a Volvo branding. The dedicated apo is not made by Volvo, it looks just like any other DVR app on the PlayStore. Even the graphics are not right at all
If you search the app you'll see that the developer is Peksunny
Can't find any connection between them and Volvo. They might just copy the design language of Volvo on their PDF
Their G sensor is in the camera itself, it doesn't talk to the car at all. But for the G Sensor to work it needs to be hardwired, I was asked if I want my dashcam like this and having the car only for 1 week, I decided to use the Light Sensor Y Cable adapter instead
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit