Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can program a new module SCL?
Volvo XC90 2016 Hybrid
Stopped working SCL 31476490
Bounght a new one SCL 32370888
I have the software activadet OrBit. Can in the software OrBit program a new module SCL?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Not sure if Orbit can flash all the ECUs. I let @power to comment on that. However, even if Orbit could flash the SCL, you must have have the SBL, DATA and EXE vbf files. 
SBL file is used to put the ECUs to programming mode (boot loader for software download). 
DATA and EXE vbf files are the actual software files are needed to be installed on the ECUs. 
In addition, some ECUs require config files while software installation and you need to find the correct software part numbers too. 
As a result it's a long shot, your best option is purchasing VIDA subscription and reloading the new SCL officially. It's easy; as soon as you read the car with VIDA, it will detect the hardware changes and you will see which software to order. You can also do total upgrade (does not cost money).  At the same time, you can capture all the VBF files for feature use. 

Good luck .
The car was ban, I managed to find out what the code is soft ( 31429507 SCL reload)
(02-16-2024, 05:15 PM)solova64 Wrote: Volvo XC90 2016 Hybrid
Stopped working SCL 31476490
Bounght a new one SCL 32370888
I have the software activadet OrBit. Can in the software OrBit program a new module SCL?

Hi where you able to activate the SCL using orbit?
We can't load the SCL with OrBit. Well could probably flash the software, I haven't tested it but it's a straightforward module it could be added to support. The difficult bit is the unique PIN and immo coding. Those secrets need to be known, and with the difficulty of obtaining them, it's just easier to get the new SCL loaded with VIDA. Volvo is the keeper of all the secrets ;-)
(04-22-2024, 11:11 PM)Power6 Wrote: We can't load the SCL with OrBit. Well could probably flash the software, I haven't tested it but it's a straightforward module it could be added to support. The difficult bit is the unique PIN and immo coding. Those secrets need to be known, and with the difficulty of obtaining them, it's just easier to get the new SCL loaded with VIDA. Volvo is the keeper of all the secrets ;-)

Hi Andrew,

What if there is a way of getting the ECM & ECM IMMO codes?