Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Battery Days in Service?
I am just playing around with Orbit again as I have a service appt soon, so yesterday, I clicked the "Restore to OEM" button.

I'm expecting the dealer to tell me that I'll need a new battery for my 2019 S60 and I see that some functionality to report/reset battery service life has been added.  Way cool - now I can do the job myself.  So, today, I went back out to the car to see what the battery counter is before anything happens at the dealer and it tells me that "Current 12v Batt Days In Service: 1"

I'm confused, did "Restore to OEM" reset the battery counter as well?  Or did I do something wrong?

Thanks,
Eric

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nope, nothing wrong. I've found the same thing with my car (2019 S60 as well), after programming, the battery days in service are always reset. I did some testing as the initial charge was that "OrBit is resetting it" but that is not the case, it just resets every time the CEM is put into programming mode. There are others that don't report the same, so it seems that only some CEMs do this. It seems to defeat the need to have the battery history reset, maybe this is a bug, or it was intentional software feature, don't know, whatever the reason it seems to be normal behavior.
Thanks for confirming, Andrew!

This makes a battery replacement even easier: change out the battery, fire up Orbit, restore my previous config and it sounds like I'll be all set.
Yup, that should do it. And if you like belt and suspenders ;-) You can run the battery history reset from the Service tab, in case it clears some other things out in the CEM that are not readily apparent.
There is more to the battery history than days in service, I know for sure that there is a counter for battery SOC history and drive length history, possibly more parameters that my prosumer Autel couldn't read out, I've verified that those won't get wipe out by orbit programming or clearing DTCs. So you should definitely initiate the BMS reset sequence after battery replacement.
I presume that you are referencing the BMS reset sequence from Vida?
Correct, I think it's called "Resetting the information to zero on power supply when replacing the battery" on my Autel, pretty sure it's the same thing as what's shown in VIDA.
Can the BMS reset sequence be initiated from Orbit too?
I think you may have emailed in support about this. For everyone's benefit anyways...

You can perform this function in OrBit: Service Tab, the button "Reset History" in the "Battery" area.