Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Orrefors to new
So today I decided to disassemble my entire centre console to try and swap my "old" Orrefors shifter to the new one. Unfortunately, even after coding it in, it didn't work. The lights on the shifter didn't turn on and I was unable to put it into gear. No error codes though, so I'm guessing it's the cables fault.. Tried to swap the insides, but they are too different. Might work if I re-pin, but unfortunately I have no idea where to start. Needless to say, it was with tears in my eyes I re-assembled everything, without actually swapping anything... Cry
https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/orref...st-7801242 is probably the most comprehensive view on the swap - though I think it was pre- being able to mod coding easily. 

Presumably you're a hybrid vehicle? My D5 is a gear cable, not by wire so it's an impossible retrofit.
(02-08-2024, 06:12 PM)x119 Wrote: https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/orref...st-7801242 is probably the most comprehensive view on the swap - though I think it was pre- being able to mod coding easily. 

Presumably you're a hybrid vehicle? My D5 is a gear cable, not by wire so it's an impossible retrofit.

Even going from one version of the illuminated crystal to another, I think you’re going to run into the same problem this guy did. The shifter appears to be coded to the car somehow. He only did it by swapping the boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I read the thread on Swedespeed, but unfortunately not even the boards look alike, so I couldn't swap them like he did.. That sucks
Is the idea here going from the "double tap" to the newer "single tap" type updated shifter? It sounds like those seem incompatible so far. I will need some time to get to it, but I will do some research if it's possible this could be a possible config change or it's more complicated than that.
(02-12-2024, 07:27 PM)Power6 Wrote: Is the idea here going from the "double tap" to the newer "single tap" type updated shifter? It sounds like those seem incompatible so far. I will need some time to get to it, but I will do some research if it's possible this could be a possible config change or it's more complicated than that.

I currently have the smaller one (2018)     , but I want the bigger one that came later     . It's the exact same connector but  something is probably wired differently. Don't remember what item it was, but changing "shift by wire" to the second option only added the "manual" gear changing icon in the dashboard. This is the one it's supposed to be with the newer shifter, since the older one doesn't have the manual shifting capabilities (you can't push it left and right, only forward and backward).
Hey want to drop me a note at support email? Just mention anything you got, which part numbers you used and the VIN of the car. I will add to my research list, just to investigate if there is a possible config solution to it when I have a little time to research, or at least rule it out if there is no way to do it.
(02-12-2024, 07:41 PM)Davidoso Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 07:27 PM)Power6 Wrote: Is the idea here going from the "double tap" to the newer "single tap" type updated shifter? It sounds like those seem incompatible so far. I will need some time to get to it, but I will do some research if it's possible this could be a possible config change or it's more complicated than that.

I currently have the smaller one (2018)  , but I want the bigger one that came later . It's the exact same connector but  something is probably wired differently. Don't remember what item it was, but changing "shift by wire" to the second option only added the "manual" gear changing icon in the dashboard. This is the one it's supposed to be with the newer shifter, since the older one doesn't have the manual shifting capabilities (you can't push it left and right, only forward and backward).

If you want the crystal one only for the light feature and the way it looks, check this out! 
I know it's not original OEM but if it serves what you desire at the end....