Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OrBit Configuration Guide
So far I’ve used OrBit successfully to configure headlights on my XC40 Recharge so active matrix pixel technology is enabled. It works beautifully! I’ve read through the list of 500 or so configuration parameters, and have tried, rather unsuccessfully, other changes such as enabling the self-parking functionality (my car has 12 sensors and most likely all the hardware it needs, but I can’t get this to work) or a more advanced level of Pilot Assist, or enabling “sport mode”. I know a lot of information and user knowledge has been posted on this forum, but as the user base grows, so does the difficulty of finding a concise description of “how to do things”. What would be very helpful (to me, and hopefully to other users as well), is a curated knowledge base of all we know can be done using OrBit:
  • A keyword-searchable index (enabling searching on keywords such as “pixel”, “speed limit”, “pilot assist”, ACC, etc.)
  • A description of each parameter with more than just its name - but also what it can be used for
  • For each parameter, a list of Volvo models/trims it can apply to
  • Conversely, the ability to search by model: if you own a 2023 XC40 Recharge, for instance, which configuration parameters can be used on your model

Obviously that’s a big ask, but this could start with just summarizing, based on previous posts, what is already known; and then this knowledge base could be built upon as more information is gathered.

Just dreaming right now, but I feel there is so much more I could do with OrBit than activating pixel headlights (and incidentally increasing the speed limit from 180 to 205 km/hr, which I know I’m never going to use!). Thanks for listening.  Smile
Download the Excel sheet available here and you can search and see all options.

It has a few things updated since but 95% good

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Thank you BeachBoy for sharing this spreadsheet. So, I had already spent some time studying it, but in some cases did not know how to apply it to my own car. Take for example parameter #142, which relates to parking assistance. There are 9 possibilities other than "Without parking assistance". How can one tell what each setting does, and which are available for their car? It would be helpful to have a detailed reference that explains this. Also, I've noticed on some threads that some functionalities require specific settings across multiple parameters. Enabling pixel headlights is a good example of this, as several parameters have to be used to align exactly with how the car operates in Europe. That’s what I really mean by “configuration guide”.

Also, and this may be a suggestion for Power6 - is there a way to export the car's current configuration to a spreadsheet (or just some kind of comma-separated text file)? I know it is possible to save the current settings in a .orb file, but seeing how the car is currently configured might help answer questions such as "what does this parameter do, exactly?", or "does my car even use parameter x?".