Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Polestar 2 crash resset
hello, is it possible to reset crash data from polestar 2 2022,
ok i got respond, thanks
Can I reset it?
There are multiple "crash" resets needed depending on the specific crash the car was in, the severity and if air bags were deployed.

Change mode of the car from "Crash" to "Normal" YES OrBit can do.

Clear crash history on the SRS module, NO in most cases OrBit cannot do, SRS modules are locked and need to be replaced per Volvo, or use an aftermarket service that can clear the crash history via hardware in the SRS module removed from the car.

Battery module resets MAYBE. This one I am still learning more about. Some accidents the battery will be isolated by the BECM for safety, disconnecting the High Voltage (HV) battery from the car. This one is not clear what reset procedure may need to be run, or what hardware may need to be replaced. We have had success with the mild hybrid models, resetting the MVBM crash status to disable 48V battery isolation.
hi found one person which claims can clear crash on srs module via obd. will test his service probably next week let you know if it was successful Smile
Oh yes, definitely let us know, if it's possible, perhaps I could figure it out ;-)
(01-29-2024, 09:00 PM)Power6 Wrote: Oh yes, definitely let us know, if it's possible, perhaps I could figure it out ;-)

Well, i was confirmed that’s is possible to do this job via obd plus found such tool

https://smok.com.pl/index.php?id_product...&results=6

will test one of these options this week
Im currenlty repairing a crash damaged Polestar 2, Orbit worked to get the car out of 'Safely' Crash mode into Normal mode, SRS reset did seem to work,I still have more airbags to replace so I can't be sure yet but it changed something, I still can't charge the battery no light by charge port
(02-01-2024, 07:22 PM)Fr3nn0 Wrote: Im currenlty repairing a crash damaged Polestar 2, Orbit worked to get the car out of 'Safely' Crash mode into Normal mode, SRS reset did seem to work,I still have more airbags to replace so I can't be sure yet but it changed something, I still can't charge the battery no light by charge port

from my 5 polestar cars which im fixing now 4 of them allow to charge even with airbags deployed, as long no faults on High voltage lines, one not alowing but this one have crashed ac pump which is on HV line
I have a water damaged polestar 2 that won’t let me charge battery but lights still work by charging port. Hoping someone has a solution?