Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disable Full Lights with DRL
Has anyone come across the option to disable the marker/parking lights around the vehicle from coming on with the DRL?

I get the idea behind Volvo forcing them on as a safety feature, but I'd rather just have my own full control over the lighting.

I'm wondering if they can be shut off independently of the DRL or if it's all or nothing (i.e. parking/marker are shut off as well as the DRL). I would prefer that only the front DRL stays on with the light switch set to "O"

UPDATE:

I don't think I was using the search function properly or maybe it wasn't working. I believe I've found what I am referring to here:
https://forums.spaycetech.com/showthread...d=36#pid36

Code:
107  EXTERIOR LIGHT LOGIC                                            01 Dedicated daytime running light (DDRL) not together with position light
                                                                      02 Without Dedicated daytime running light  (DDRL)
                                                                      03 Dedicated Day Running Light Lamp In Pos '0' And 'POS'
                                                                      04 Dedicated Day Running Light in pos 'Auto'
                                                                      05 Dedicated Day Running Light or Dipped light in all positions
                                                                      06 Without daytime running light(DDRL), with position light. After market
                                                                      80 DRL with no rear position light
                                                                      81 DRL with SML no rear position light
108  DRL TYPE                                                        01 No Dedicated daytime running light (DDRL)
                                                                      02 Dedicated daytime running light (DDRL) On During DI
                                                                      03 Dedicated daytime running light (DDRL) Off During DI
                                                                      04 Dedicated daytime running light (DDRL) and Position light Off During DI
                                                                      05 DRL Off and Pos On During DI

UPDATE 2:
Under the DRL TYPE, what does "DI" mean?
Thanks...
DI is Direction Indicator.

It switches the DRL off so the direction indicator can be seen more clearly. They come on as soon as the indicator is switched off.