Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ECM Unlock for Denso/Freescale ECM
I'm down to chip in some $$$ toward efforts to open the ECM. It would be great if we could work through some kind of way to get a tuning program to work on it. I have a 2017 but I'm leery of any company that sells an out of box tune. Having done my own tuning for years a lot of times the "tunes" are just some added fuel and broadly advancing the timing, or just upping the boost in a target table. I'd really like to get in there and see how all of it works. Especially the Super/Turbo handoff and what they did with timing at that changeover.
Welp... 2017 S90 built July 13th 2016 (I think) has denso ECU
@andrew. I emailed you already ! Waiting for your reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Volvo V90 T6 R-Design MY2020 
any news on this? I tried to get HP Tuners to get into the game. They're acting like they don't see the potential I mean a 4400lbs car running low 13s on street tires with a 2.0l 4 cylinder engine is cause for celebration... There's plenty of room to grow in this car so i'm sad it's being looked over.
Any update on this topic?
Volvo V60 T6 twin engine R-design MY20
The latest is I understand more of the ECM flashing and security now, specifically the 2019+ Denso ECM. That's the good news, but then the bad news, I understand it enough to know why a "hardware" solution is needed. It's going to need a hardware "crack" to be able to modify calibration. The vendors that make tools to tune/reprogram ECUs are not, so far, interested in this Volvo model Denso ECM to do the work and add it to their supported list. Though this ECM is very similar to a Mazda Denso unit that has been cracked. So I beleive it's quite possible to do. As ever it needs the right person to work on it...
Thanks for keeping hope alive on this one!

I've just changed my V90 D5 for an XC90 B5 Diesel so have still got skin in the game.....

Just need to find out who to send the bitcoin to to hack the damn ECU! ??
Hi, when buying my V60 2019 D4 190hp I didn't think it was flat in terms of driving... This engine is sorely lacking in dynamics compared to other brands. I hope Auto Tuner is really working on it because they told me they were working on it, but I don't believe it. In any case a more dynamic power curve would be great but still it would certainly be necessary to reprogram the gearbox because there must be a torque limiter, and to date do we have a remap solution for the box of speed ? ??
Would not this be a possible solution/work-around? 

https://tdi-tuning.com/en-us/car/volvo/v...g-box-chip Rolleyes
For the moment no solution, Autotuner/MagicMotorsport/Alientech are still working to unlock the ecu, of course no estimated date :/

Either this takes a long time or does not wish to work quickly on this type ecu...

Since the end of 2018, it's been quite a year since we waited for this moment Ahaha

For boxes of this type I don't know if it's worth trying ^^