Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Upgrade XC60 seats
Replaced MY18 XC60 R design seats to inscription seats. It comes with:
Massage
Heated
Ventilated
Electric cushion extension (R is manual)
Lumbar support (R have it)
Side bolster

1st the driver seat is moving by it self when lock/unlock and it goes to wrong position. Any idea??
(Solved) saved the profile and lock with my remote in setting. Search the form and founded a lot of info.

2nd The question now, what setting do i need to change to get the options working in Driver and passenger seats?

3rd Setting everyone needs (control passenger seat from driver side):
244 Remote control of passenger....

4th Enabled 468 "first row tilt motors" but I have no idea what does it do!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2018 XC60 T6 R Design Polestar optimised
(Inscription seats & Rims)
The seat position memory is stored in the seat control module tight to the user profile in the IHU. So, try with resetting all the driver and passenger profiles or the whole Sensus to factory defaults. 
I don't know the exact numbers for the settings but you can search for term "seat"
I founded:

179 FRONT SEAT VENTILATION
Enabled driver and passenger

180 HEATED FRONT SEATS
Enabled

239 MASSAGE FRONT SEAT
Enabled

240 LUMBAR SUPPORT
4 ways

241 CUSHION EXTENSION 
Enabled driver and passenger

243 POWER ADJUSTABLE SIDE SUPPORT 

462 HEATING MAT VARIANTS
Enabled Cushion and backrest

Heating: not working
Cooling: not working
Massage: not working
Side bolster: not working

Cushion: working

(12-30-2023, 06:25 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: The seat position memory is stored in the seat control module tight to the user profile in the IHU. So, try with resetting all the driver and passenger profiles or the whole Sensus to factory defaults. 
I don't know the exact numbers for the settings but you can search for term "seat"

I didn't thought about resting the Sensus. I will try it first morning.

It will be very helpful if someone with inscription massage or ventilated seat can take a picture of the wire connection under the seat.
I tried the factory reset. But still same results.

However now easy entry exit is working, extension cushion will go back and seat will lower when I switch off the car.

I was looking under the seats and I noticed something missing. There is no air pump showing!! My old seats doesn't have one but lumber support was working. Any ideas??

Update: i opened the seat cover and founded some air pump and air bags.
which of those functions do you have with the original seats ? 
Under the seat you have the seat controller module,  did your new seats come with their own controllers or did you install the controller from your original seats to the new seats? 
Your original controller might not have the correct software to enable all those functions or don't even support those (Similar to head light controllers between Banding and none banding) ! 
Another point, You might also need to swap the air bag from your original seats to the new seats! Those AIRBAGs are tied to VIN in order to avoid using airbags from junk yards!
(01-03-2024, 06:49 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: which of those functions do you have with the original seats ? 
My seats R design. So it only came with lumbar support.

The new seats came with all controller / module. I opened the back cover and checked underneath.

My plan was to enable the functions using Orbit.
I was able to add Heat / Ventilation in Sensus.

A friend to told i need to install my Original Module cuz the car is linked to it.

I will swap the airbags today. Its only the one in the side?? 1 airbag per Seat? The car didn't give me any airbags error or warning.

Got a problem. Seat seat belt warning is on and gages say someone sitting. But it empty. Maybe its broken and need swap sensor with old seats or it needs programming!!

Also the side support option available in the seats. But Orbit have alot of options. Im not sure which one to choose??
Update OBD scanned:
CCM:
B1030 - Left Front Seat Heater- Bus Signal / Message Failures- Missing message
B1032 - Right Front Seat Heater- Bus Signal / Message Failures- Missing message
PSMD:
U1349 - Seat Comfort Module (SCM)- Bus Signal / Message Failures- Value of signal protection calculation incorrect
PSMP:
U1349 - Seat Comfort Module (SCM)- Bus Signal / Message Failures- Value of signal protection calculation incorrect
As far as I know, there are only two controllers under the seat and depending on the functions there are two variants of each.  
So, you cannot use your original controllers.  You must use the controllers came with the seat. 
Check the wiring harness connection that comes from body to seat. You might have missing wires such as power for heated and cooled module that comes directly from fuse box!  Look at the connection under the seat and count the wires then count the wires on the car's connector.
(01-03-2024, 08:23 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: As far as I know......
Thanks..

I checked with some volvo expert and got the same answer. Im going to check the wires and update the posts.

Update:
My car connector is matching the old seat but compare it to the new seat its missing some pins. 
I need to know what pin does what!!

Update: connected passenger seat wire number 15 with fuse number 47 with 15 AMP under glove compartment. Lumber and side support start working.
NOW: need to know pin 32 dose what!?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

According to https://fuse-box.info/volvo/volvo-xc60-2...and-relays
Fuse number 47 is for heated passenger side.  
Lumber and side support goes to 40 with 5 amp for both front seats on pin 15.  
So, PIN 32; 
on Passenger side should go to  fuse number 47 with 15 amp fuse. 
on driver side should go to fuse number  46 with 15 amp fuse. 

Which makes sense, heating / cooling needs much more constant power than a lumbar and side support.

Before wiring the PIN 32 to 15amp power, check and verify that indeed goes into heating / cooling module https://www.bostonvolvocarsparts.com/p/V...03316.html
Make sure to use tick wire, you really don't want to burn the car just to heat you bud :-)