Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android Automotive: Video "all speeds" doesn't work
Set Video to "all speeds" but as soon as I move in gear it says can't use feature at this time. 22 XC40 recharge with Android/Google infotainment screen.
(12-08-2023, 12:29 AM)gravygrabber Wrote: Set Video to "all speeds" but as soon as I move in gear it says can't use feature at this time. 22 XC40 recharge with Android/Google infotainment screen.

These config settings are not all specific to your car. A lot of them are legacy settings from different generations and models of vehicles.

Android Auto is a lot less likely to pay attention to or use older settings like Video in Motion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So what's the solution? I'd like to stream youtube while in motion on it.
As far I read somewhere, to enable video at all speeds for Android/Google infotainment screen equipped cars you have to go deeper into android system and hack it. Sorry, there's all I can tell about it right now. You have to look into internet - there is the info about it, but as far I remember, it is not so easy. Sorry, do not remember where I found this info.
(12-08-2023, 06:59 AM)gravygrabber Wrote: So what's the solution? I'd like to stream youtube while in motion on it.

There isn’t a simple one. It’s not as easy as twiddling a setting because they don’t want you to stream to a driver visible screen for safety and liability reasons.

All the solutions I’ve seen require some level of hackery. For instance, there are wireless CarPlay adapter boxes that emulate a CarPlay connection. Mine has a full android 13.0 system on it that can run apps as well as provide the wireless CarPlay connection. I use it to run Torque pro to display gauges on my screen, but it is just as capable of playing YouTube or Netflix as it takes over the screen but does not respect the video restrictions.

This is safety function built into AA and not controlled by the CEM like in previous versions (Sensus). You'll need to find an alternative method namely those above to circumvent. 

Admin note: Renamed thread and moved into Audio / Visual sub as it's not an Orbit bug. 
As far as I know,  207 VIDEO ALLOWED setting is for the SENSUS internal video player and not for Android Auto or Apple Car! 
I tried it and it works if you have video file in a flash drive connected to USB port!
(12-28-2023, 05:04 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: As far as I know,  207 VIDEO ALLOWED setting is for the SENSUS internal video player and not for Android Auto or Apple Car! 
I tried it and it works if you have video file in a flash drive connected to USB port!

I didn’t even know sensus could play videos.