Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parking sensor / Distance sensor
Hello guys, when I bought my xc60 T8 2018, I was a little bit disappointed by the parking system sensors, I don't know maybe this is a common problem or maybe just mine.
When you put in the R gear and driving back sometimes there is a delay on detecting obstacles, like the sensor do not see the obstacle, and in a few seconds I'm in the red zone and having a continuous beep, especially on the corner sensors.
Does someone have the same problem?
Is there a way to fine tune the system, maybe to change some settings which will improve the obstacle detection?
I have this issue on the front ones. By the time it starts to beep its already a long beeep. It just skipped the actuall beeping and I have to be careful
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
This! I would love to know if there’s a way to recalibrate the sensors. Mine acts like I’m taking the side of the car out every time I pull into the garage… and the one time I did scrape the fender flare it acted no different  Confused

2019 XC90 T6 R-Design
Passion Red
4C, Advanced, B&W, CF Inlays, Heated Steering Wheel/Rear, Polestar, 20s

2020 XC60 T5 Momentum
Bright Silver Metal
Advanced, HK, Multimedia, Premium, Heated Steering Wheel, 20s
(11-28-2023, 10:16 PM)Pau1ey Wrote: This! I would love to know if there’s a way to recalibrate the sensors. Mine acts like I’m taking the side of the car out every time I pull into the garage… and the one time I did scrape the fender flare it acted no different  Confused

I've serviced my car at a workshop that deals knly wih Volvo. Quite nice guys, but when this issue came up, the guy said that the front ones aren't inflared or whatever bs and they are slower. But like you, many have issues wih them in different place so its a calibration issue. He said that nothing can be done
Hopefully he was wrong
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(11-30-2023, 02:55 AM)marinalin85 Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 10:16 PM)Pau1ey Wrote: This! I would love to know if there’s a way to recalibrate the sensors. Mine acts like I’m taking the side of the car out every time I pull into the garage… and the one time I did scrape the fender flare it acted no different  Confused

I've serviced my car at a workshop that deals knly wih Volvo. Quite nice guys, but when this issue came up, the guy said that the front ones aren't inflared or whatever bs and they are slower. But like you, many have issues wih them in different place so its a calibration issue. He said that nothing can be done
Hopefully he was wrong

I’ve got a 3 day subscription to VIDA so I’m hoping someone knows if/how to recalibrate them so I can do it myself. Otherwise I’ll mention to dealer when it’s in for service in January. Hopefully it’s no charge under CPO warranty.

2019 XC90 T6 R-Design
Passion Red

2020 XC60 T5 Momentum
Bright Silver Metal
(12-30-2023, 09:54 PM)Pau1ey Wrote:

Hopefully he was wrong

I’ve got a 3 day subscription to VIDA so I’m hoping someone knows if/how to recalibrate them so I can do it myself. Otherwise I’ll mention to dealer when it’s in for service in January. Hopefully it’s no charge under CPO warranty.
Look for diagnostic sequence on the module! You should be able to search for it to! I am not sure if there is one! In general, front sensor detection distance is much shorter than than the rear ones! It's in purpose! You should suppose to see what's in front of you and go slowly! :-)
(12-31-2023, 09:47 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 09:54 PM)Pau1ey Wrote:

Hopefully he was wrong

Look for diagnostic sequence on the module! You should be able to search for it to! I am not sure if there is one! In general, front sensor detection distance is much shorter than than the rear ones! It's in purpose! You should suppose to see what's in front of you and go slowly! :-)

Thank you! I really appreciate your message, it helped me navigate to the right area. I searched, but unfortunately there are no diagnostic procedures for them. Here's what VIDA says:

The parking assistance sensors are ultrasonic sensors that determine the distance from the vehicle to stationary and moving objects. The parking assistance sensors can detect small objects with a height of at least 100 cm and a diameter of at least 7.5 cm.

The parking assistance sensors placed in the front can:
• Detect objects at a distance of 80 cm.

The parking assistance sensors placed in the rear can:
• Detect objects at a distance of 150 cm.

The parking assistance sensors placed on the side can:
• Detect objects at a distance of 30 cm.

Diagnostic information
The parking assistance sensors do not have a built-in diagnostic system. The Central Electronic Module (CEM) monitors the sensor and sets DTCs and readable parameters.

Connection and communication
The parking assistance sensors are directly connected to the Central Electronic Module (CEM).

2019 XC90 T6 R-Design
Passion Red

2020 XC60 T5 Momentum
Bright Silver Metal
If you still have VIDA, 
In the diagnostic TAB, search for CEM or simply select it from the ECU drop down. Then under it, you should see available functions to test different components and functions! 
Such as fog lights, you can turn them on / off. 
Don't remember all the available functions but there might be something to test the object detection.
(01-03-2024, 06:35 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: If you still have VIDA, 
In the diagnostic TAB, search for CEM or simply select it from the ECU drop down. Then under it, you should see available functions to test different components and functions! 
Such as fog lights, you can turn them on / off. 
Don't remember all the available functions but there might be something to test the object detection.

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately, not at the moment, it ended on the 2nd. I should've chosen a better weekend to do it that wasn't New Years LOL. It goes for service this month so I might ask them or I'll do another VIDA sub sometime soon. I've still got VIDA Help open so I've been reading about how to do things in there.

2019 XC90 T6 R-Design
Passion Red

2020 XC60 T5 Momentum
Bright Silver Metal