Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heated seats
Hello everyone, I have a Volvo XC90 D4 from 11.2016 and my car did not come with front heated seats. I have the Inscription version with memory for both front seats and I want to know if I can activate heated seats in Orbit. I do not know if the seats are precabled and I need just to activate from software. Is anyone here who has activated heated seats? Thank you so much!
(10-03-2023, 02:47 PM)Bogdan994 Wrote: Hello everyone, I have a Volvo XC90 D4 from 11.2016 and my car did not come with front heated seats. I have the Inscription version with memory for both front seats and I want to know if I can activate heated seats in Orbit. I do not know if the seats are precabled and I need just to activate from software. Is anyone here who has activated heated seats? Thank you so much!

It's not that simple. You might need to change your seats because most likely you don't have the heating elements in the seats and the controller.
Look under your seats - you might have sockets ready.
My car has front seats heated, back not however it seems back seats are prepared - only harness and buttons missing.
(10-28-2023, 04:08 PM)Sir0cco Wrote: Look under your seats - you might have sockets ready.
My car has front seats heated, back not however it seems back seats are prepared - only harness and buttons missing.

Hey. Can you tell me, please if I have the sockets? Also, why is that socket unplugged? 
Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-28-2023, 06:44 PM)Bogdan994 Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 04:08 PM)Sir0cco Wrote: Look under your seats - you might have sockets ready.

Hey. Can you tell me, please if I have the sockets? Also, why is that socket unplugged? 
Thanks!

No, you do not have the controller for heated / validated seats nor the heating pads. There are two variants of the seat climate control unit. W or WO cooled seats. The difference is cooled one has one more wire.  
Most likely you don't even have the power wire from front fusebox to the seats too. 
You can purchase the pads, controller but then you will need to wire it to the seat controller unit which means your will need to replace the seat wiring harness too. 
So, just buy the whole seat and replace with yours. You can find good deals on ebay. You still might need to pull the power wire from fusebox to the seats but it's relatively easy. 
Regarding that connector, I have the same one (unconnected) on my car too which has front heated seats but does not have rear.  So,  I can only assume that it it for rear heated seats. Maybe someone here who has rear heated seats can check and confirm.
well this month I went to dealer to swap the seat bracket(right behind the back sponge). When the worker took part the seat, he said my seat has heating element. I was surprised since my car do not have seat heat fom factory! I will have a try with orbit next to see whether heat function works.
Well, strange indeed.  Volvo does not usually install the HW like heating pads or controllers during the build if it's not in the specs. 
Before enabling them, look under the seat(s) if you have the controller.  Most likely you do not have the controller or you have it under the seat but it's not wired to fusebox and LIN. 
Because if it was wired, you would be seeing DTCs from the CCM. Complaining about the controller which does not match the configuration. 
If you are so lucky, all wired but you are missing the fuse(s). CF46 (L) CF47 ® and that is why CCM is not throwing DTCs.
I was checking that I have the fuses - yes, also there was a sticker below seat cushion, which said "Värme", which is Swedish meaning heating... So configured the heated seats.... All looked ok, just like other times writing to car new configurations, Now, somehow car got confused. 

First climate controls did not react at all, I tried to start car, did not start, then I turned the start know left (=stop engine) car started :-), now driver screen was empty, car running, could not switch off the car...  Almost panic, how do I shut off the engine, then I tried to restart "IHU", that helped and I could shut off engine, all worked again. Maybe the developers could take a look on the log what happened?

Now, test drive, seats not heating... Then manager to take the sticker off from seat, it said "Värme - NEJ". Meaning no heating... See attached picture

Could somebody post a picture how should it look like when there's heating and that controller is there?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-12-2024, 05:34 PM)ana100 Wrote: I was checking that I have the fuses - yes, also there was a sticker below seat cushion, which said "Värme", which is Swedish meaning heating... So configured the heated seats.... All looked ok, just like other times writing to car new configurations, Now, somehow car got confused. 

First climate controls did not react at all, I tried to start car, did not start, then I turned the start know left (=stop engine) car started :-), now driver screen was empty, car running, could not switch off the car...  Almost panic, how do I shut off the engine, then I tried to restart "IHU", that helped and I could shut off engine, all worked again. Maybe the developers could take a look on the log what happened?

Now, test drive, seats not heating... Then manager to take the sticker off from seat, it said "Värme - NEJ". Meaning no heating... See attached picture

Could somebody post a picture how should it look like when there's heating and that controller is there?
Having the fuse on the fuse box does not mean it's actually wired from the fuse box to each seat!  My S60 2019 does not have "Advanced air cleaner, Airborn matter sensor" but the fuses are connected. 
As I said earlier; look under your seat,  your seats do not have the heated seat controllers.
(05-12-2024, 07:42 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(05-12-2024, 05:34 PM)ana100 Wrote: I was checking that I have the fuses - yes, also there was a sticker below seat cushion, which said "Värme", which is Swedish meaning heating... So configured the heated seats.... All looked ok, just like other times writing to car new configurations, Now, somehow car got confused. 

Having the fuse on the fuse box does not mean it's actually wired from the fuse box to each seat!  My S60 2019 does not have "Advanced air cleaner, Airborn matter sensor" but the fuses are connected. 
As I said earlier; look under your seat,  your seats do not have the heated seat controllers.

That's how it is, no heating elements, no controller in my car. Still want to explore how to retrofit those. I'm new to Volvos, came from BMW world :-). Where could I find the schematics to investigate more? Anybody having access to schematic diagrams?