Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[255] Double fog lights rear
Would changing 255 REAR FOGLIGHT LAMP TYPE mean that you can configure double fog lights instead of left or right fog lights?
I believe the P/N are different for fog lights so you would need to be in a market or with tail part numbers that have fog lights on each side.
A few have looked at this on various models...in general all cases so far, the wiring and the fog LED unit on the right side (or left side if RHD), they are not present in the car. So config change would not work, needs hardware as the light is not there.

A fellow did this on his US S60: he got the RHD right side light unit (the trunk lid part on the S60), then he tapped the left side fog LED feed and wired it across the trunk lid to the "swapped" RHD right side unit with the fog. This required no config change,, and added both side fog rear fog lights.
I'm planning to do the same thing for my XC60.

but not sure where can I source the RHD side light unit for my car, I know this is the part No.31446620
The UK is probably it, RHD country that will have the rear fog on the other side...
Just make sure that the part of the light with the fog isn’t the one with the turn signals.