Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Polestar 2 unlock and lock light pattern change
Exclamation 
Hi, Is there a way to change the design of the Polestar 2 welcome lights and change the animations. When you lock and unlock the car
It should be 103 - Exterior Light Signature and 105 - Welcome and Goodbye Lights Type
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
What are the different patterns?
(08-17-2023, 09:25 PM)Rawb Wrote: What are the different patterns?

For now, only if 1 of you will try them out and make a little video about it...then we would know as well Wink)
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
If you have thorhumer lights, how ther will be different welcome lights? I didn't get it.
2018 XC60 T6 R Design Polestar optimised
(Inscription seats & Rims)
(08-28-2023, 09:53 AM)Altawashm Wrote: If you have thorhumer lights, how ther will be different welcome lights? I didn't get it.

The Polestar 2 has the “Pixel” headlights which project a granular animation on the ground / wall when unlocking. Check out 0:14 of this video: https://youtu.be/ia_ZMabLvrQ?si=nQ5kBO-vYkr4-tSm
I am talking about the pattern of the back lights as i want to change their animation.
OrBit can enable factory features. Unfortunately it cannot create custom behaviours at this time.
From what I read, it depends on the Packs (Pilot Pack, Plus Pack) that the car has. But what if there no additional Packs? Is it possible to activate the light patterns with Orbit or does it also require additional hardward installed like different headlights?
(08-18-2023, 02:49 AM)marinalin85 Wrote:
(08-17-2023, 09:25 PM)Rawb Wrote: What are the different patterns?

For now, only if 1 of you will try them out and make a little video about it...then we would know as well Wink)
I know this thread is from a while ago, but I was hoping to find something like this as well and it doesn't seem like anyone has done this yet, so I'm going to take it upon myself to make this video! It will probably take a while to make the changes and record the front and rear lights for both the unlocking and locking animations, but I'm willing to put in the time and the effort!