Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polestar 2 ACC & Pilot Assist
Copied some settings that I found on another thread for the XC40 Recharge, since the Polestar 2 and XC40 Recharge have near identical software stacks and specs I figured the exact settings would also apply to the Polestar 2. 

I have a MY23 with no packs, so I applied the following settings and it's worked wonderfully for me after some testing.

023 Cruise Control: 04 Adaptive cruise control stop & go level 1
314 Adaptive Cruise Control Version: 02 ACC version 2
145 Traffic Jam Assist: 05 With Traffic Jam Assist, Level 4
I am running this config. I had tried 023:07 which is ACC Stop and Go Level 2. The car was very aggressive in stop and go traffic. It would accelerate very quickly (and brake hard) to fill the gap. Kind of neat, but a bit much. 

Coming from 314:01 ACC Version 1 and 145:02 Traffic Jam Assist Level 1 I see some definite improvements.
(08-06-2023, 11:02 PM)sags95 Wrote: Copied some settings that I found on another thread for the XC40 Recharge, since the Polestar 2 and XC40 Recharge have near identical software stacks and specs I figured the exact settings would also apply to the Polestar 2. 

I have a MY23 with no packs, so I applied the following settings and it's worked wonderfully for me after some testing.

I spoke too soon. On my 2016 XC90, the ECU does not like 145:05. It throws a code for incompatible configuration. Seems the ECU programming is aware of the Pilot Assist Programming which makes sense as they are all working together. I would prefer a valid ECU config, so I have had to revert 145 back to 03 (Level 2). I also tried  145:04 and that did not work.

So I am running 023:01, 314:02 and 145:03

There were no codes displayed on speedo screen/dash. Only ECU module was complaining.
(08-08-2023, 06:04 PM)glennda5id Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 11:02 PM)sags95 Wrote: Copied some settings that I found on another thread for the XC40 Recharge, since the Polestar 2 and XC40 Recharge have near identical software stacks and specs I figured the exact settings would also apply to the Polestar 2. 

I spoke too soon. On my 2016 XC90, the ECU does not like 145:05. It throws a code for incompatible configuration. Seems the ECU programming is aware of the Pilot Assist Programming which makes sense as they are all working together. I would prefer a valid ECU config, so I have had to revert 145 back to 03 (Level 2). I also tried  145:04 and that did not work.

So I am running 023:01, 314:02 and 145:03

There were no codes displayed on speedo screen/dash. Only ECU module was complaining.

Ah interesting, I guess there are likely some differences with the modules in the Polestar 2/XC40.
Just want to mention, the latest release of OrBit has "Config Presets" that will pick the right settings for PC/ACC for the car for you. More details in the other PA/ACC thread, in the updated first post. Enabling PA/ACC should be a lot easier, you don't have to figure out which are the right settings for your particular model.
Hi,

As anyone figured out how to adjust the sensitivity of the "hands on the wheel" in the P*2?
It drives me nuts getting notified all the time with both hands on the wheel.
Going through the config, nothing attracted my attention.

Thanks!

Eric
(08-28-2023, 02:16 PM)Starno Wrote: Hi,

As anyone figured out how to adjust the sensitivity of the "hands on the wheel" in the P*2?

Thanks!

Eric

Shouldn't you move/steer the steering? At least thats how it it on my V60, not touch but move/steer a little
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(08-29-2023, 02:48 AM)marinalin85 Wrote:

Thanks!

Eric

Shouldn't you move/steer the steering? At least thats how it it on my V60, not touch but move/steer a little

Sure, that's what I do. I'm no surgeon but it seems like I've got very steady hands because I get the orange warning at least once every 5 minutes and red once every 15 minutes. 

I goes away after a little wiggle but it gets on my nerve after a while... If I could, I would increase the detection time or increase (decrease) the movement sensitivity level.

Thanks!
(08-29-2023, 12:09 PM)Starno Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 02:48 AM)marinalin85 Wrote:

Thanks!

Eric

Sure, that's what I do. I'm no surgeon but it seems like I've got very steady hands because I get the orange warning at least once every 5 minutes and red once every 15 minutes. 

I goes away after a little wiggle but it gets on my nerve after a while... If I could, I would increase the detection time or increase (decrease) the movement sensitivity level.

Thanks!

I watched on youtube, a guy used a string with a small iron piece. He tied it slightly left from the center of steering wheel and let go the iron piece pulling the steering wheel down just enough as if driver is touching it.  It did not bother him very long time.
Yeah as above you can get little weights for your wheel. They’re usually sold as Autopilot related stuff for Tesla owners.

I don’t condone their use in any way as it seems like lunacy to want to let your car drive itself but if you genuinely are experiencing the above symptoms it might be a fix.

I do personally sometimes get the yellow warning when I’m sitting on a particularly straight piece of road so I feel your pain, but I just give it a wiggle and that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk