Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Care key (orange key)
Hi all, anyone know if Orbit has the ability to remove the restrictions from the orange key?

Thanks,
What restriction? The orange one is the only one I use. Am I missing something ?
It does...Item 214. 01 is "Normal", 02 is for "Red Key" restricted key, 03 for "Orange key" care key restricted key.

The Red Key didn't have an easy way to use it as a normal key, but I think the cars with the orange Care Key do? I don't know much about it, just seeing others talk about turning off the restrictions in the menus and it can work as a normal key.

But you can turn off the feature altogether with OrBit. I have confirmed it doesn't cause any problem with existing Red Key. So maybe try it when you have a "regular" key handy just to confirm that the Care Key functions as a normal key when you change the config setting.
(09-11-2023, 07:57 PM)Power6 Wrote: It does...Item 214. 01 is "Normal", 02 is for "Red Key" restricted key, 03 for "Orange key" care key restricted key.

The Red Key didn't have an easy way to use it as a normal key, but I think the cars with the orange Care Key do? I don't know much about it, just seeing others talk about turning off the restrictions in the menus and it can work as a normal key.

But you can turn off the feature altogether with OrBit. I have confirmed it doesn't cause any problem with existing Red Key. So maybe try it when you have a "regular" key handy just to confirm that the Care Key functions as a normal key when you change the config setting.

Is swapping 214 something I'd need to remember to revert when I go for maintenance?  I just programed 5 keys, included reprogramming one of my original unrestricted black keys to my 2020-V60 and car starts with all of them, but every one flags as a restricted/care key.  I'm never in a situation where I need the feature but wouldn't want to get flagged if I forget to swap it back later.