Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake Fluid Change
Quick question as I couldn't find it in the forum. The service function for brake fluid change, do we have a process for this somewhere? This in theory could save me a lot of effort for changing brake fluid soon if it is a flushing system?! But don't want to click something out of sync for obvious reasons

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
(07-19-2023, 08:25 PM)benjyman86 Wrote: Quick question as I couldn't find it in the forum. The service function for brake fluid change, do we have a process for this somewhere? This in theory could save me a lot of effort for changing brake fluid soon if it is a flushing system?! But don't want to click something out of sync for obvious reasons

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Bumping this one as this is still a job I need to do but I can always use the pressure bleeder, but would be easier if this was something Orbit could handle nicely for me. Anyone know how / if this function works for brake fluid changing? Maybe @Power6 can help?

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Regular vacuum or vacuum-less system? There is no service function for regular vacuum brake, not even in VIDA.
Hey sorry I haven't been around to keep up with the forums this month. Brake service is something that everything you need should be in OrBit. I can go over the options, depending on which brake system you have:

Traditional brakes (Check the ECU Tools tab, "Active ECU" dropdown, if you have "BCM" or no ECU listed either BCM or BCM2, then you have this system)

There is no special procedure. The car can be bled with a pressure bleeder, Volvo reccomendation for the dealers is ~30psi pressure bleeding. The order is as you would expect, for LHD: RR, LR, RF, LF (furthest to closest to the Master Cylinder)

Vacumless brakes/"Brake by wire" (All EVs and all PHEV 2019-up, all "mild-hybrid" B-series, you will see "BCM2" in the list of ECUs)

To bleed the brakes, you enter "bleeding mode", to open the "failsafe" that connects the the mechanical master cylinder to the brake system. Then you bleed the system as above for the traditional brake system. The modes for the brake system are on the Service Tab, click the "Brake Service" button.

When complete, exit the bleeding mode. Then you should run the "Bleed check" test and "Leakage check" tests from the brake service dialog and see that both tests pass. If either test fails, contact me at support, as these are not widely used so I can confirm that there is not a problem running the test or interpreting the results before you assume there is something wrong with the car and attemtp to troubleshoot a reported leak.

The vacumless brake system should always be in "Production mode" before you drive the car, OrBit shows the mode on the Brake Service dialog, and as well, on the "Shortcuts" tab, if the brake system is not in Production mode, 
the ESC/Brake system status button will reflect the system is not in the correct mode and change color so you should notice if there is a problem. If the status is not "green" you can click on the status button itself, to bring up a dialog to resolve the issue (put the brake system into Production mode)