Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Retrofit Keyless Entry
(03-09-2024, 12:29 PM)Sir0cco Wrote: @Pllind
Splitting is a good idea, but since you will need to take off the door cover - it makes sens to at least lead the wires through the rubber tubing between door and a pillar. And you can keep the excess cable at the pillar to lead it further towards CEM.

I am usually not aftraid of soldering or criming, so for me it is not a big deal to make a piece of harnes myself.
Name of the sockets are listed on the first page.
You need 0,35mm2 wire - type FLRy for the car installations, but probably any other wire will work - just make sure it is flexy enough not to break on bending.
CEM manouvering with the wires is the hardest - I will try to take some pics when I open it next time.

Thanks Sir0cco.

Splitting as in extracting from old harnesses yes? i guess 4x backdoors harnesses will give me handle plugs for all doors and connectors for all three antennas. 

I have not had the best crimping experiences but soldering is no issues for me, right now it's just stress of the "unknown". Going into the project with a bit more knowledge increases ones confidence quite a bit Big Grin .

Pulling cables into the pillars is not a bad idea if i connect the LED's. As pdcraft mentioned, i'm also a bit unsure how to feed the cables through (guessing from his proflle pic) he also has a V60 as i do. When i just had a quick look at my back door connector there is a rubber tubing but it looks like its interconnected with a plastic connector, hence his and my concern that there might not be space? or do you have more info on how to bypass this?

EDIT: i found this connector to illustrate what we mean. https://www.bildelsbasen.se/sv-se/pb/S%C...D-55008230
V60 2020 
For the rear doors, you have to remove the  door moulding (front and back), remove the B pillar trim, and pull connector inside the car and you can work out easily.  The trunk antenna is mounted near spear wheel, and is easy to wire. For the front doors i think that CEM it must be removed, for what i saw. Today i just wire the trunk antenna and i look around. In the passenger i think it will be more room, after remove the glove box (i didn't look yet)
2019 Volvo V60
I just finished wire front doors. For the passenger side, you have to remove glovebox and is a window in the foam  isolation on the A pillar.  You open that window and you find a rubber plug in the pillar. Extract that plug, and the male external connector has an security pin under. You have to push that pin and connector slide in interior.
For the driver side you have to slide the carpet under the brake pedal, release the hood open lever, and under the CEM you will find the same window in the foam. The procees is the same like the passenger side, but the room is more tight
2019 Volvo V60
(03-10-2024, 07:27 AM)paunionutz Wrote: I just finished wire front doors. For the passenger side, you have to remove glovebox and is a window in the foam  isolation on the A pillar.  You open that window and you find a rubber plug in the pillar. Extract that plug, and the male external connector has an security pin under. You have to push that pin and connector slide in interior.
For the driver side you have to slide the carpet under the brake pedal, release the hood open lever, and under the CEM you will find the same window in the foam. The procees is the same like the passenger side, but the room is more tight

Great progress! Have you taken any pictures in the process? Smile
V60 2020 
I have (for the front doors), but i don't know how to upload them
2019 Volvo V60
(03-10-2024, 07:59 AM)paunionutz Wrote: I have (for the front doors), but i don't know how to upload them

Press "new reply" don't use the quick reply box and you will find an attachement box under the message box where you type, just drag and drop them in there Smile
V60 2020 
Front doors

Soory for the format, but i have to resize them, and i'm  don't know how

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2019 Volvo V60
(03-10-2024, 08:48 AM)paunionutz Wrote: Front doors

Soory for the format, but i have to resize them, and i'm  don't know how

No worries, i can help

This is the rubber cap inside the A pillar. Just extract, and then you can extract the connector inside the car

And this is on the driver side

The connector has a protection case that slide, and you have acces to pins

door hole

This is the foam isolation that has a window

I'm still confused about where to feed the new cables through as it looks like a complete connector with no "room" or are you connecting antenna + signal to the harness from the door and from the pillar? so they connect the "natural way"

Missed this image

This is the connector, on the exterior. You have to push taht pin and slide the connector inside the pillar

V60 2020 
paunionutz has been an absolute saint on messenger. 

I'm going to start sourcing harnesses to aquire correct connectors and pins.

For the time being my plan is such.
3x back harnesses (to aquire 3x antenna connectors and 3x handle-connectors and pins for both back doors)
1x front harness (to aquire pin for both front doors and 1x handle-connector)
2x back pillar connectors (to harvest 3+3 connectors and move into current connectors in car)
1x front pillar connector (to harvest 1+1 connectors and move into current connectors in car) 

Alot of searching and good information from paunionutz is that CEM FO connectors can be harvested from other volvo parts for example electric mirror for s60 2003. article number for the pin alone is 670-1785-2-ND

As i don't have access to a scrapyard my resort might be that i have to buy all these harnesses instead of just being able to cherry pick what i need from a scrapyard.

So to be clear, there is no "cable being routed from the door all the way to the CEM, you connect it from doorhandle to door connector, then you connect pin to pillar (that recieved signal from door connector) and lastly wire it to the CEM.

This is the pin that Sir0cco identified if anybody wants to buy ready crimped connectors https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10050031...ry_from%3A

also found this page, going to poke around here and see if one can exctract more info on pin-names https://usparts.volvocars.com/a/Volvo__X...69951.html
V60 2020 
For the next ones then Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)