Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Retrofit Keyless Entry
I have enabled  LIGHT IN 4  HANDLE (is the only option) only for keyless it is an option  to enable  just 2 handle.
I have measured and it reads only 6,5v in the rear handle.
I found dtcs for rear handles  led (circuit open), rear antennas (i didn't wired yet from pillar to CEM), and 4 handle signal (no wires from pillars to CEM)
2019 Volvo V60
I tried to retrofit keyless go myself this weekend and have now given up. My problem was the wiring from the door to the A and B pillars. I wanted to go through the original feed-throughs. This might have worked at the back, but at the front it is almost impossible to remove the plug from the vehicle without breaking your hand or removing the dashboard. And after 2 days, I really didn't feel like doing it anymore.
If anyone has any tips or their own experience of how they solved it, please let me know, especially for the front doors.
(03-03-2024, 07:02 PM)pdcraft Wrote: I tried to retrofit keyless go myself this weekend and have now given up. My problem was the wiring from the door to the A and B pillars. I wanted to go through the original feed-throughs. This might have worked at the back, but at the front it is almost impossible to remove the plug from the vehicle without breaking your hand or removing the dashboard. And after 2 days, I really didn't feel like doing it anymore.
If anyone has any tips or their own experience of how they solved it, please let me know, especially for the front doors.

Did you go for connecting own connectors and wiring directly to the CEM? Or exchanging the complete wiring harness with correct connectors already attached. 

Or did you do the latter and you still need to connect door to CEM?
V60 2020 
(03-03-2024, 08:34 PM)Pliind Wrote:
(03-03-2024, 07:02 PM)pdcraft Wrote: I tried to retrofit keyless go myself this weekend and have now given up. My problem was the wiring from the door to the A and B pillars. I wanted to go through the original feed-throughs. This might have worked at the back, but at the front it is almost impossible to remove the plug from the vehicle without breaking your hand or removing the dashboard. And after 2 days, I really didn't feel like doing it anymore.

Did you go for connecting own connectors and wiring directly to the CEM? Or exchanging the complete wiring harness with correct connectors already attached. 

I'm not crazy, I'm attempting to add the missing wires on my own. For the buttons and antennas in the doors. But the problem is currently the connection from the a and b pillars to the door. The rest of the work is pretty easy.
(03-03-2024, 09:19 PM)pdcraft Wrote:
(03-03-2024, 08:34 PM)Pliind Wrote:

I'm not crazy, I'm attempting to add the missing wires on my own. For the buttons and antennas in the doors. But the problem is currently the connection from the a and b pillars to the door. The rest of the work is pretty easy.
Im sorry and sorry again for my ignorance as i have not opened my doors up yet im trying to grip what is there and what is not. Are you saying that from all a and b pillars the antennas and handles are fully connected? And that simply adding the connectors to the antennas and handles to the doors harness only leaves a last connection between the door and the pillar? 

You have not changed the whole harness in the door (is this what you are refering to as crazy?)

Im really here to learn and once i get this done im going to be able to document this for future converters.
V60 2020 
The short version: There is not one cable there

You have to do all the wiring in the car, from the A and B pillars on both sides of the vehicle to the CEM. 3 cables per B-pillar, 1 cable per A-pillar and 2 cables for the antenna in the trunk. Everywhere (except in the trunk) you have to fight your way through to the door with the cable (I'm currently stuck there) - in the door you also have to build the wiring harness yourself. 3 cables for the lighting and ground of the door handle to the door control unit and the aforementioned 1 cable that goes to the CEM. In the rear doors there are 2 more cables for the keyless go antennas. You have to build everything yourself, there is not 1cm of cable. Or replace the complete wiring harness and buy it from Volvo, that's the craziness I'm talking about. The cables that have to run to the CEM get tangled up in the central wiring harness in the interior, so you have to replace the entire vehicle wiring harness.

You can't get wiring diagrams anywhere except in VIDA, which unfortunately is not currently available to me in Germany. Haynes Pro and Workshopdata both have no information about the new Volvo SPA vehicles ...

My honest estimate of the difficulty: 10/10
- remove complete interior
- most likely the removal of the dashboard
- Build wiring harnesses yourself
- Obtain all plugs and pins
- no wiring diagrams
(03-04-2024, 12:59 PM)pdcraft Wrote: The short version: There is not one cable there

You have to do all the wiring in the car, from the A and B pillars on both sides of the vehicle to the CEM. 3 cables per B-pillar, 1 cable per A-pillar and 2 cables for the antenna in the trunk. Everywhere (except in the trunk) you have to fight your way through to the door with the cable (I'm currently stuck there) - in the door you also have to build the wiring harness yourself. 3 cables for the lighting and ground of the door handle to the door control unit and the aforementioned 1 cable that goes to the CEM. In the rear doors there are 2 more cables for the keyless go antennas. You have to build everything yourself, there is not 1cm of cable. Or replace the complete wiring harness and buy it from Volvo, that's the craziness I'm talking about. The cables that have to run to the CEM get tangled up in the central wiring harness in the interior, so you have to replace the entire vehicle wiring harness.

You can't get wiring diagrams anywhere except in VIDA, which unfortunately is not currently available to me in Germany. Haynes Pro and Workshopdata both have no information about the new Volvo SPA vehicles ...

- no wiring diagrams
Really appreciate you taking your time writing this. This made this whole thing a bit more concering for me. Hope that anybody that's already done this can shine som light on how they did it.
V60 2020 
(03-04-2024, 12:59 PM)pdcraft Wrote: The short version: There is not one cable there

- no wiring diagrams

It is much appreciated that you wrote all information, but it feels it still lacks precision.
1. You are talking about the plug and a dificulty with it. Which plug? There are plenty of those.
 - Are you having trouble leading the plug from the handle in front door through the rubber hose connecting the door and the pillar?
 - or are you having a problem disconnecting the plug from CEM in order to add the wires? Are you having a problem taking out the CEM module?
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ladh-yLyXM
2. Which volvo model are you talking about. Altohoug they all look similiar - they might be differences.
3. One picture says same as 1000 words. 
4. Of course there are wiring schematics available. Christmas came early this year:
    https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/M...6-9999.pdf 
5. CEM requires 10 new wires into two plugs - 4 single ones for 4 handles and 3 double ones (so 6 in total) for anntennas in 2xback doors L+R + 1 antenna in the trunk. Handles operate on 1 wire, antennas on 2. If you want LEDs to be enables - all you do is in each door itself.
(03-09-2024, 10:27 AM)Sir0cco Wrote:

- no wiring diagrams

It is much appreciated that you wrote all information, but it feels it still lacks precision.
1. You are talking about the plug and a dificulty with it. Which plug? There are plenty of those.
 - Are you having trouble leading the plug from the handle in front door through the rubber hose connecting the door and the pillar?
 - or are you having a problem disconnecting the plug from CEM in order to add the wires? Are you having a problem taking out the CEM module?
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ladh-yLyXM
2. Which volvo model are you talking about. Altohoug they all look similiar - they might be differences.
3. One picture says same as 1000 words. 
4. Of course there are wiring schematics available. Christmas came early this year:
    https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/M...6-9999.pdf 
5. CEM requires 10 new wires into two plugs - 4 single ones for 4 handles and 3 double ones (so 6 in total) for anntennas in 2xback doors L+R + 1 antenna in the trunk. Handles operate on 1 wire, antennas on 2. If you want LEDs to be enables - all you do is in each door itself.

I think it might be wise for me to perhaps divide the project into 2 peices, first is just to get the handles swapped and LED's working, and then later on when perhaps you or somebody else has more info / pictures/ links to how to actually connect the antenna/signal cables to the cem-plugs then take on the keyless part of the project.

Would you recommend just buying 4x cheap harnesses for backdoors and just extracting the handle-plugs with pins or do you have links to connectors and pins that would enable me to build these harness peices myself?

In my head it is basicly per door 1 plug, 3 wires (where 1 will be unused for first part) and 2 connectors that can slide into my current harness.

(and im sorry for badgering you, i know you are going to post when your done but i think this project is super exciting and i'm climbing on my walls trying to find answers myself while i wait Big Grin)
V60 2020 
@Pllind
Splitting is a good idea, but since you will need to take off the door cover - it makes sens to at least lead the wires through the rubber tubing between door and a pillar. And you can keep the excess cable at the pillar to lead it further towards CEM.

I am usually not aftraid of soldering or crimping wires, so for me it is not a big deal to make a piece of harnes myself. But buying the complete one may be good option too. For ~30EUR you may get a used one.
If done self - models of the sockets are listed on the first page.
You need 0,35mm2 wire - type FLRy for the car installations, but probably any other wire will work - just make sure it is flexy enough not to break on bending.
CEM manouvering with the wires is the hardest - I will try to take some pics when I open it next time.